Chapter Fourteen

"That was not fair!" Percy huffed after him and Penny dried themselves off from being in the pouring rain.

"Diggory caught the snitch and Hufflepuff won! How is any of that not fair?" Penny countered, skipping forward down the corridor. Percy quickened his pace to keep up with her, frowning.

"The Dementors overstepped their territory and caused Harry to fall fifty feet! How is that fair?" Percy shot, aggravated. "Harry could have died, yet they don't call for a re-match? Bollocks!"

"Buuut..." Penny sang, skipping in circles around Percy like some small schoolgirl. "Cedric Diggory caught the snitch fair and square. You heard Wood, he said so himself."

"Not bloody likely." Percy muttered, and Penny stopped, starting up at Percy with a mischievous grin. They had reached the Ravenclaw tower, Percy promising to walk her back to her dorm room.

"Where's my money." She asked, still grinning. Percy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I...I don't have one sickle."

Penny tisked.

"Percy, Percy, Percy..." She said, shaking her head. "How could you have made a bet with money you don't have?" Percy just gave her a look.

"Well how was I supposed to know Harry wasn't going to catch the snitch this time? He always does!" Penny just watched him with a smirk.

"It's a shame." She hummed, placing her hands on her hips.

"What? What is?"

"You're going to have to figure out another way to repay me." Penny tapped her finger on her chin, thinking. "I've got an idea."

"Enlighten me." Percy said dryly.

"I shall." She whispered. Before Percy could register what was happening, Penny had moved forward and took his face in her hands, planting a firm kiss on his lips.

Percy was shocked, he stood there, frozen for a moment as the sweet taste of Penny's lips against his overwhelmed his senses until his body melted against hers.

And Percy kissed her back.

"Percy Weasley!"

Percy had been walking down the corridors to the Great Hall for some dinner when a loud voice called for his name. Startled, Percy turned around to see who the culprit was and his heart dropped in his chest.

It was Clara, walking towards him at full speed.

"C-Clara?" He stuttered, heat rushing to his face. He had only just kissed Penny not long ago, there was no way Clara could have found out yet. Percy swallowed a lump in his throat, his nerves taking control of his body as he shook in his clothes. He didn't want Clara to confront him about this yet, not now, not here.

"Did Percy Weasley actually go to a Quidditch game?" Clara asked, a smile making its way to her lips. Percy sighed, feeling as if all the stress in his body had been taken from him and he could finally breath properly again.

"Y-yes." Percy said as Clara stood next to him. They proceeded to walk down the corridor, Percy fiddling awkwardly with his robe. "Did you?" He asked, Clara shook her head and again Percy sighed in relief.

What would Clara do if she discovered Percy went with Penny to the game? Percy wondered as he looked down at the girl.

"I did not." Clara said. "I thought we were going to stick with the plans and study in the library." Clara was saying. "But when you did not show, I figured you went to the game. You are not sick, oui? The rain was bad out there."