Chapter Twenty-Nine

Percy was terrified as he opened his bedroom door a crack, peaking out into the hallway for any sign of his siblings.

He really had to pee.

Tiptoeing out of his room, Percy made a beeline for the toilet room and closed the door behind him with so much stealth he even surprised himself.

All last night, Percy was terrorized by his siblings, demanding answers for what had happened in the living room. At one point, Ginny came by offering food, hoping that would grant her access, but Percy was having none of it.

Percy had used a locking charm to steal his bedroom door shut, however Bill being a curse breaker could easily unlock the door but his mother had come around and ordered his siblings to leave him be.

And then it was his mother's turn to try and coax the boy out of his room, or to at least respond. His father had come by as well, ensuring Percy that no one was going to bombard him with questions and that he could come out. He even tried to temp Percy with a new poetry book he picked up, but Percy stayed silent.

Percy didn't know if he should be angry with what Clara did. Of course, what she did caused a whole other problem for the boy, but she had kissed him and Percy couldn't be mad at her for that even if he tired.

When Percy figured the coast was clear, he ventured out of the toilet room quietly. It wasn't a surprise that Percy was the first one awake. He usually was, but terrified he might wake someone up, Percy spent a full five minutes carefully picking his way down the stairs, ensuring he didn't hit a creaking spot.

Starving, Percy made his way into the kitchen, only to nearly have a heart attack as Ginny was sitting silently at the kitchen table.

"Morning." She smirked, lifting a glass of milk to her lips and taking a causal sip. Percy panicked, debating on whether or not he should retreat to his bedroom when Ginny rolled her eyes, placing her glass back on the table quietly. "Don't worry Perce. I'm not going to ask anything pertaining Clara. Mum forbid us."

Percy sighed in relief, silently thanking his mother.

"I will, however, let you know that our dearest mother sent Clara's mum a letter requesting we all meet up for dinner sometime this week." Ginny said, taking another casual sip of her milk.

Percy was no longer hungry.

"W-what?" Percy sputtered.

"You heard me." She sang, getting up from her chair and placing her empty glass in the sink. "Mum was going to talk to you about it, but Fred and I convinced her it was a great idea."

And with that, Ginny left the kitchen with a bounce in her step.

If Percy swore, he would have unleashed a series of colourful words, but instead he kept his cool and cried.

It was the only way Percy could deal with this never ending anxiety and stress.

Clara was shaken awake by Rhonda.

"Miss. Miss. You must get up. Your mother is requesting your presence." Clara groaned, rolling over and squinting up at the little blonde lady standing above her.

"What for?" Clara asked sleepily, sitting up in her bed. Rhonda helped her to her feet, guiding her towards her en-suite bathroom.

"Something about a letter from a Weasel lady?" Rhonda said. Clara stopped in her tracks, looking over at the lady.

"Weasel? You mean Weasley?" Clara asked.

"I do not know, Miss. Your mother didn't give much information. I was just to get you dressed and downstairs as soon as possible." Clara pulled away from Rhonda's grasp.

"I'll go now. Where is she?" Clara asked, Rhonda stared at the girl with wide eyes.

"Miss, you cannot leave your room without changing, you know how your mother is about that--"

"Rhonda, this is more important then being presentable. Where is mama?" Rhonda sighed.

"She is in the glass room." Rhonda said, massaging her temples with her fingers.

"Thank you Rhonda." Clara said, kissing the lady on the cheek before making her way to the breakfast room on the second floor.

It took Clara quite some time to reach the room her mother awaited in. Entering the room, Clara found her mother sitting alone at one of the small round tables. They had called it the glass room because all the walls, with the exception of the wall attached to the house, was made up of windows. The room looked over the once beautiful garden, however snow now covered it completely.

"Mama? You called?" Jennifer looked up from the window to her daughter standing in the doorway, hair messy and still wearing her nightgown.

"Oh Clarissa. You know how I am about sloppiness. You look absolutely ridiculous." She said. Clara pulled her hair into a long pony-tale and moved to sit across from her mother.

"I didn't want you to wait any longer for me." Clara said, and Jennifer sighed.

"Very well. But you should get changed quite soon. Your Weasley family is coming over for dinner today."

Clara's heart dropped in her chest.

"W-what?" She sputtered. Jennifer smiled, taking her daughter's hand.

"Darling, why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend? You know, I was your age when I met your...oh, never mind that." Jennifer said, pulling away. "I trust you two are using protection?"

"Protection?" Clara repeated, frowning. "What do you mean?" Jennifer sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Clara. If you do not use protection, you'll end up making the same mistake I did. Having a child at a young age is not fun." Clara stared at her mother.

"A...a mistake? Is that what you see me as?" Jennifer gasped, reaching for Clara's hand but Clara pulled away at the last second.

"No honey, of course not." Clara got up from her chair, straightening out her nightgown.

"Well I should get changed. It's nearly noon." Clara said, making her way out of the room.

When she reached her bedroom, Rhonda was waiting for her. "I've run a hot bath for you Miss, and a change of clothes your mother requested you to wear is on the bench." Rhonda noticed Clara's saddened expression and frowned. "Is everything alright Miss?"

Clara shook her head, immediate tears streaming down her cheeks. Without missing a beat, Rhonda pulled Clara into a tight hug and let her cry into her shoulder.

"There, there, Miss. It'll be alright." Rhonda whispered as Clara hiccuped a sob.

She just wanted a mother, a mother who loved her. But it just seemed like the mother and daughter were growing more and more apart with every day that went by.