sixty - seven

-

the next day at school brendon walked up to dallon while he was putting things into his locker.

"are you ready for this weekend?" brendon asked.

dallon jumped, "oh my god, brendon. you scared the crap out of me."

"sorry about that dal." brendon said sympathetically.

"yes. by the way, i've been thinking and i think it would be cool to invite everyone to come with us." dallon said.

"i'd have to check with ryan but i think it'd be fun." brendon smiled.

dallon groaned internally, why does he need ryan's approval. ryan is not his boyfriend, i am.

"sounds good." dallon tried to seem like he was all for it.

"well, i gotta get to class. see you at lunch though." brendon smiled and gave dallon a quick peck on his cheek.

-

when lunch finally rolled around dallon walked to the cafeteria with pete and they made their way to the table. as usual, patrick was already there. he was reading some book while eating an apple.

"hey baby." pete said as he took the seat next to patrick.

"hey." patrick said, looking up from his book to quick pete a small hug.

dallon sat down across from patrick and they all waited for everyone else to slowly fill the seats.

andy, joe, tyler and josh all came to the table as well. now they were just waiting on brendon. brendon had been super late to lunch ever since ryan came to visit.

not to sound like bad people, but no one really liked ryan. except brendon, of course. pete said that he always had a bad feeling about him and everyone else agreed.

after another few minutes, brendon finally showed up to the table. he sat next to dallon and them ryan sat next to brendon.

"sorry, we're late." brendon said, as he took a bite of his lunch.

"it's okay." dallon said, as he gritted his teeth.

at first dallon thought that ryan was a nice person, but he was wrong. dallon was overall the sweetest person ever so being the nice person he was, he tried to be friends with ryan but he just felt like ryan despised him.

"so what did he say?" dallon asked.

"hmm?" brendon seemed confused.

"about the go karting thing. we talked about it this morning." dallon sighed.

"oh yeah, he said it would be better if it was just the three of us. we could all bond." brendon said.

dallon nodded, "okay, sounds like fun."

at first dallon was excited but now he was dreading going. he did not want to 'bond' with ryan. he wished that ryan would just go home already.

for the rest of the lunch period, all of them made small talk until the bell finally rang. dallon sighed in relief, he was glad that lunch was over because he wouldn't have to see ryan and his dumb face for the rest of the day.

-

dallon was on his way home when he had a thought. if ryan is only here for a month or whatever then why was he able to get into the school.

dallon tried to figure it out but he eventually he gave up. he decided to text brendon and ask him about it.

dallonweekes: if ryan is only here for a month then why was he at school today

brendonurie: oh yeah he told me yesterday that him and his family moved back here so that he could finish high school

dallonweekes: oh cool

dallon sighed very loudly.

oh shit.

it didn't make sense to dallon because ryan was in the twelfth grade and so was everyone else and it was already january and school started in september.

dallon felt like there was something that brendon wasn't telling him. he sighed again, he wished that ryan would just leave and never interact with brendon again.

he felt bad because ryan is brendon's friend and all but literally no one likes him except for brendon.

dallon just wished that he could turn back time to when ryan wasn't in the picture.

-

a/n: i'm probably going to try to update more bc i hate this book and i want it to be done but its not close to the end, whoops