seventy - five

-

"where are we going?" patrick asked with concerned expression.

pete smirked, "you'll see."

"is it bad that i'm sort of scared?"

pete laughed, "i'm not going to murder you or anything. especially not on your birth week."

"i know, i know. i just am curious as to where we're going." patrick asked, intrigued.

"don't worry, we're almost there anyways."

-

"alright, close your eyes. don't want you peeking now do we?" pete chuckled.

"um, no. i don't know." patrick shrugged.

"do you trust me?" pete asked.

patrick nodded, "of course."

"ok, so close your eyes and grab my hand." patrick did as he was told.

pete pulled into a parking space and turned off the car engine, "we're here, but don't open your eyes just yet."

"okay, i won't."

"ok, i'm getting out of the car. i'll get the door for you, ok? just don't open your eyes. i want it to be a surprise." pete said as he hopped out of the car.

patrick heard pete open the door and grabbed his hand, "ok, can i open my eyes yet?"

"not yet. just trust me and keep your eyes closed." pete smiled.

"ok."

pete guided patrick to the door and then they both went inside.

"are we inside something? it feels much cooler in here."

"yes, yes we are." pete said.

pete walked patrick over to a table and told him where to sit.

"can i open my eyes yet?"

pete nodded but then realized that patrick couldn't see him, "yes."

patrick opened his eyes and gasped.

pete was on one knee and had a ring in his hand.

patrick was so shocked he couldn't even say anything.

"patrick, my sun, my stars, my love. i used to think that i would never find love or anyone that would make me happy, but you showed me otherwise. it's because of you that i am happy. it's because of you that i am the way that i am and i am and will be forever grateful for you. you mean the absolute world to me and i love you. so patrick martin vaughn stump, will you do me a favor and make the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"yes! yes! yes! yes!" patrick was crying tears of joy as pete slid the ring onto patricks ring finger.

pete got up and patrick ran into his arms, "a million times yes. i love you pete."

"i love you too patrick and i'm so glad that i met you."

the two of the interlocked lips for a solid two minutes and then they sat back down at the table. patrick looked down at the table and saw his favorite food already set out onto the table in front of him.

patrick was still crying, tears of joy, of course.

"don't cry, my love. today is supposed to be a happy day." pete said as he hugged patrick.

patrick sniffed, "i know, these are happy tears."

pete smiled as he went back to his seat to eat, "take as long as you need but don't take too long. i have something else planned for tonight."