30. Not Sharing

And here y'all go! School starts back on Tues, as well as my new job, but I'm going to make it a point to try to update either once a week or on the weekends. Which one do y'all think? Anyways, this is a filler, back to the drama next chapter. Hope you like it :P I'll fix any name swaps or what not at a later time. Now, I'm just waiting for A Series of Unfortunate Events to come on Netflix, those were my favorite books growing up. Lol, I still read them every once in a while. I'm also watching The Tudors, but I'll be back to binge watching Dexter for the 641651561616945864th time soon I'm sure, lol. I'm blabbing, so I'll quite here, and again, hope you like it! love y'all

~*~

"I'm thinkin' bout getting a new truck."

Chancellor was lying on the floor in his boxers, staring up at the ceiling with a thoughtful expression on his handsome face. He hadn't shaved in days due to the fact that he'd woken up late almost every day with barely enough time to eat breakfast. They were in the living room, and Carmen was pacing around the house, trying to figure out how exactly she wanted the furniture to be arranged.

Now that she was at home for the rest of the week, Carmen had done all there was to do to entertain herself while Chance was at work. She'd been reading all day, waiting for him to get back so that he could move everything because she sure as hell wasn't going to do it.

"Define new."

Chance shrugged after glancing over at her, "A ninety nine, maybe."

She stopped her pacing right next to his head so that she could place her bare foot in the center of his chest, "That's not new, Rob. Two years younger than your truck now, but still not new."

He wasn't paying Carmen any mind. He was too busy trying to look under the huge sweater she'd gotten from a second hand store she had on, "You got panties on?"

"Yes. Back to the truck," Carmen nudged as she placed her hands on her hips, "Focus babe."

His eyes were glazed, but eventually, they came back up to meet her own, "You've been taking the truck so much, I figured I'd let you have it, and I'd get somethin' new."

"That's not new!" Carmen argued with a groan, "That's still almost twenty years old."

He grabbed her ankle and tugged until Carmen had no choice but to sit down on his stomach. "You feelin' better now?"

Her skin began to heat up everywhere, her face, her neck, her arms, and especially her ears, and it made Chancellor smile as he traced the bruise under her eye that was almost black.

Carmen cleared her throat, then nodded, "Yes. Just certain things make me really sad is all."

Her boyfriend frowned up at her with a face full of worry, "Things like what?"

Chance had walked in from work to find Carmen in their bathroom crying her heart out. She hadn't meant for him to find her like that, and was truly embarrassed. See, it had started out with her going through one of Chance's photo albums that held childhood pictures with Morgan, Malia, and of course their parents.

Feeling quite nostalgic, Carmen had looked in her room one of her own albums, and sat on the couch to look. After the first few pages, which were filled with baby pictures, she came across one of Ira and herself.

Written in the white space of the polaroid was the ages of the two siblings. Carmen was one and Ira was seven. They were both in their pajamas, lying on the couch in the living room. Ira's head was resting against the arm of the couch on top of Carmen's Pound Puppy, and he was holding his little sister to his chest. Both of them were asleep, and the pure innocence captured in that moment had Carmen's eyes burning.