37. Carmen's Bad (Sad) Day

She was still calling her.

It had been three weeks.

They were having dinner, since they didn't go out on dates very often. Chance was in the middle of telling Carmen about his day at work, but he was cut off by the buzzing of Carmen's phone, which was resting on the table, now obnoxiously buzzing.

Carmen glanced down at the name of the caller, switched her phone to silent, and then threw it in her purse. Chance watched without a word.

"Sorry, baby," She winced as she sipped her juice through a straw, "I've been good at keeping it on silent until recently."

He nodded, sending her a soft smile, "I know. It's fine. What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that I'd like to continue on with dinner and act like my phone didn't interrupt us. We never go out like this, and I'm not saying that like it's a complaint, but I'm getting annoyed because every time we're out doing something together, just us two, having quality time not spent in the house or the bed, she always fucking calls, you know?"

Chance took a bite of the burger he'd chosen, thinking as he chewed before finally speaking, "I thought you said you were gonna block her number a while ago."

Letting out a dejected sigh, Carmen shrugged, "I did, but at the same time it's like, damn, if I do that, who knows how long before we really speak. This is the most attention she's given me in a while."

"Playin' Devil's advocate, here, but didn't you say that this is what Delilah does every time you guys fall out?"

Without a verbal answer, Carmen nodded.

"So...?"

"So, usually by now she'd have lost interest. I know that I keep saying that, but it's true. She's never done this before. Usually she'd have given up by now. Seriously."

Chance had a point, and he was making it, but Carmen wasn't understanding it, wasn't registering it.

But she didn't want to ask him again.

But she still didn't know what he was getting at. She just nodded with a fake ass smile on her lips, and her brows drawn down in confusion.

Chance definitely didn't fall for it. Just scoffed, rolled his eyes, and raised his brow at her before continuing on.

~*~

"Carmen Janine Guy."

She dragged her eyes away from Spongebob, and pulled the blue raspberry flavored lollipop from her mouth, "Hmm?"

As he spoke, Chancellor pulled his shirt over his head and threw it in the dirty clothes hamper, before taking off his sweatpants, leaving him in a pair of black boxers. Her eyes were glued to the ruggedly beautiful man's body. Her mouth would be watering soon. It was already watering, and her mind was already ninety percent in the gutter, so when he spoke, she didn't fully process what he was saying.

"You're leaving pens everywhere."

"Huh?"

Chance repeated himself, and this time, since she had stopped ogling, she caught the annoyed expression on his face, "I said that you're leaving pens all over the place."

"O...kay?"

He was quickly becoming more agitated by the moment, "It's fuckin' annoying. You never just leave shit layin' around, and suddenly I'm steppin' on pens, I'm sittin' on them, I-"

Oops. After licking her sucker, Carmen apologized, "Sorry, baby. I'll try to pay more attention. My bad."

"You bein' fuckin' sarcastic?" Chance snapped from where he was still standing by the entrance of their room, "I'm serious, man. Shit's annoying."