33. Jealous

I know, I know, sorry this came so late! I'm unpacked and all, but then I had to repack, my mom does what Morgan does as a job in this chap, and we had to pack up and now we're in Arizona. Y'all know I have trouble sleeping, and we're three hours later with mountain time than what I'm used to which is eastern, so I'm up, and I just finished this chapter. One more to go before I can do Glasgow, which I've had half done since before finals lol! Again, sorry it took so long, you know I appreciate you guys so much! I'm gonna insert som pix of pretty Arizona bc I love it here lol and I saw my first cacti last night at the airport and they were HHHHHHUUUUGGGE but I was so tired, I couldn't even grab a pic ☹️ I'm sure I'll find some more tho lol.

            Please excuse any errors, y'all know I'm a night owl which equals the possibility of  horrible grammar and whatnot lol

            Please excuse any errors, y'all know I'm a night owl which equals the possibility of horrible grammar and whatnot lol

~*~*

The car door slammed shut with more force than Carmen meant to put into the action, really, but she wasn't angry at all. No, she was actually beyond happy. It had been close to two and a half weeks of her working twelve hour shifts, and she was finally finished. That time and a half on her check would be orgasmic to see, but she was good now. Elaina's sister, Michelle, of whole was also a nurse had given birth and was on leave, and Carmen, after being forced to go on a 'vacation' by Ma Lissa had jumped at the idea of extra hours, just because she had been so stir-crazy at home, and then another nurse, Alan had gotten sick and Carmen had just agreed to the week of extra hours because no one else had seemed to want to do it.

Hell, if they didn't want to make any money, that was on her co-workers, but Carmen would rack up as much as she could, she was anxious to put more money in the joint-account that she and chance shared for the pure purpose of setting money aside for their future home. Chance took care of rent at the apartment, and most of the utilities, but Carmen had managed to force him to let her take over the light bill, the water bill, the gas bill, and then she had her own cell phone and insurance bills to take care of, and she gave herself a certain amount of what Chance called 'play money.' They went in half on the groceries.  In their room, they had an empty pickle jar that Chance had started, of which they put any extra pocket money or spare change in. He was just as anxious as her to have a home of their own.