35. Heartbreak

Hey guys, one of you told me I had only updated three times, so here's update number 4. Sorry for that! But here it is. I cried while writing this lol.

Glasgow will be updated next, also sorry for that long gap between updates, but y'all know I have to update around my laptop battery (rolls eyes) I went kayaking last week *I'm still in Az* I also witnessed a tree randomly catch on fire out of nowhere which was v weird and not connected to the fires in the region at all. it was literally one tree and that was all. I've been here for almost 2 months now, I think, and it rained for the first time like two days ago, and then there was a thunderstorm last night and another due tonight I think.

I've been sleeping a lot also, which is why this took so long to update as well, because I got sick (of course) and still am so I was only writing like 100-200 words a day until yesterday when I forced myself to wrap it up

 (Btw I absolutely love Joe Budden lmao) I finished this last night, and as soon as I added the chapter title, which is the last thing I do, my computer shut all the way down, so I had to let it charge and calm down because I thought I forgot to s...

(Btw I absolutely love Joe Budden lmao) I finished this last night, and as soon as I added the chapter title, which is the last thing I do, my computer shut all the way down, so I had to let it charge and calm down because I thought I forgot to save the document and it had been deleted, but I did so that's great. Here y'all go, and I hope you like it :)

~*~

They were flying down the highway, way over the set speed limit of seventy miles per hour, so Carmen had no idea how she had seen him, but she did.

"Rob, I know this sounds weird, but could you pull over please?"

She knew he was going to question her before he even did, and when that confused, "Why?" fell from his lips, Carmen was already turning in her seat, hands up in the begging motion, "Because I saw something, baby. Please?"

"What type of something, Carmen Janine? I'm going damned near a hundred miles per hour, I can't just stop."

She was really more worried about it than she should have been, but that little black speck was weighing in on her heart something heavy, "It was a baby something, cat, dog, I don't fucking know, but we've gotta go back! We have to!"

The look he gave her was so full of irritation, but Carmen didn't really care. Tapping her fingers against her thigh restlessly, her nose was pressed against cool glass of her window as Chance pulled onto the shoulder, then reversed until Carmen murmured for him to stop when they were near the right place.

About ten feet from the car, there was an ebony lump of fur on the concrete, and Carmen could see that whatever the animal was, it was just barely breathing.

"Oh no, baby what is it?" Carmen's voice was low and sad, and when she looked up and over at Chance who was to the right of her, he must have seen that she was really worried about whatever type of animal it was, because the expression on his face went from agitated to a worried frown. He spoke a moment later, "I don't know, sugarfoot. Come on, you wanna go check it out?"