34. Ticking Time Bombs

And here is the fourth and final consecutive update! Now I can work on Glasgow, which is almost halfway done! Hope you guys liked this little 4 update things, and I appreciate all 4, 198 of you! :D You guys are the best! Also, I may be deleting DDR and NDP within the next year or so, or whenever I'm done with the WP Futures program, not sure which one yet, but they need to be more than revised sooooo badly! I started those books three years ago and I don't like the development of Isa or Aubrey and the other characters very much, knowing I can do so much better now. So, yeah, whenever I decide to do that, I'll give y'all a heads up! Love you guys!  BTW this is unedited, per ushe.

ALSO, If any of y'all in college took A & P  or Microbiology, I'd love some pointers on how you survived it, bc I need haaaaaaaaaaaaaalp 

~*~

"Are you sure you wanna wear those? We're gonna be walking for a while, and I don't want your feet to start hurting."

She glanced down at the bright pink sandals she was wearing with a frown before looking back up at Chance, "They're cute."

With a brow raised as he walked out the kitchen, Chance out the glass of water that he was drinking out of on the counter, "But are they comfortable?"

"Doesn't matter," Carmen muttered, "It's uncharacteristically warm, and I wanna wear them at least one time before I pack up my summer clothes."

When Chancellor rolled his eyes, Carmen mimicked him with an exasperated sigh, "Just let me live, Chance."

He just didn't get it. Over the weekend, they had been inside a shoe store because Chance needed some more steel-toed work boots, and both of the pair's tennis shoes were starting to look run down. Carmen and Claire had been meandering around the store, Carmen with the infant on her chest, when a bright red sale sign had caught her attention. They were selling the bright pink sandals in orange, as well as baby blue, red, green, yellow, and purple, and Carmen had just immediately fell in love with all of them. Not only were they cute, with little bows filled in with little false crystals, but they were two dollars each, on sale from being eighteen previously.

"Babe, look at these!" Carmen had called across the huge store, holding up the shoes for Chance to see. He looked up from where he was inspecting a line of professional boots with a frown on his face, "There's probably something wrong with them. Two dollars? Too good of a 'deal'."

There had been three sales associates there, a girl and two guys, and the men were nodding along with Chance while Carmen and the female shook their heads in mock disappointment, "They just don't get it."

"Don't get those shoes, Carm," Chance warned, "That's like when we were kids and we went to the dollar store and wanted a toy, and then you'd open the fuckin' thing in the car on the way home, and the toy was already broken. Don't fall for it."