[11]: The Girl Who Got Possessed

All the curse words in her knowledge flew out of her mouth uncontrollably and Emily immediately took a decision she had been pondering over since Mark's letter had turned  up. tt shouldn't have been hard to call Zane, but with fingers that were having their own little mini seizures, it seemed like an impossible feat. 

She brought the phone up to her ear and waited to hear the magical click. 

"Emily."

"Z-z-z-z-z-" She brought a shivering hand to her mouth, numbness taking over her entire body.

"Z-z-z," she tried again but could let out a cry from her throat.

Mark! Please don't let that be his blood under the bed. Please. Please don't let that be his, she prayed. 

"Emily?" The concern in his voice was distinctive. "Emily, what's wrong?"

"Z-z-z-za-zan-ne..." She finally let out. 

"Emily, where are you right now?"

"I-I-"

"Emily, calm down. Breathe. I can't help if you can't communicate. Tell me where you are."

"Inn..." She squealed as her heart wrung out the fear. 

"Stay put or if there's something after you, come out. Run and attempt to get to a a crowded area. If it's something else, stay where you are. I'll be right over."

She heard a violent sound - like Zane knocking into something as he hastily made his way. But, she couldn't hold on any longer. It kept coming back to her. The dried blood under the bed, the scratch marks like someone was suffering, like someone was trying to pry open the floor tiles. She knew this was the worst possible place to faint - right next to a pool of blood, but it happened before she could stop herself. 

She landed on her knees with a thud just as her vision clouded with fog. Falling sideways, she clutched the phone in her hand, slipping into a deep sleep. Zane... help... Mark...

~

"What?" Ashton asked, sprinting out of bed like a ninja. 

He listened in a bit longer to the caller before flinging his phone into his bag and swinging it around his shoulders. Sloppily putting on his hoodie and some shoes, he sprang out the door. 

It was nighttime and he had been sleeping in Claudia's room. It was the most comfortable bed he had slept in and add in her stroking of his hair, it was something he wished Lisa experienced, too: a mother's eternal love. 

But, no matter. Zane had to get to the Inn and he was to be in charge of Steve and Dylan who were at the police station. 

"I'm leaving!" He called out as he passed the kitchen, not waiting to see what Claudia was cooking for him to take home to his sister. Probably something as tasty as their previous meals. 

~

"EEEK!" Lucy and Lisa squealed in delight. 

Alyx winced and rubbed her ear. Ouch.

Lisa giggled and threw her arms around Alyx who was also bombarded with Lucy's weight. The three of them were sitting on Alyx's couch, their eyes glued to the television set as the two main characters made out. 

"OH MY GOSH!" Lisa screamed at the top of her lungs. "THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!"

Even Lucy, who was just as quiet as Alyx, was hopping like a bunny on steroids. 

Alyx shrugged. She didn't really understand this romance thing. If it had been her and Zane right there, then that- well, she-

She mentally slapped herself. THE HELL?