[21]: Crimson Eyes / Everyone I Love

A/N: Dedicated to @candycane297. Thank you so much for bringing in more readers and I really hope you enjoyed this book. This will be last chapter dedicated to you in this book. Thanks a lot. *hugs and kisses*

The only thing zapping through Ashton's mind was the image of Alyx hunched over Zane's coffin, crying her lungs out. It was a funeral and there were only a few guests that Alyx had deemed worthy of being invited. Wails of cries escaped from different people and Ashton saw himself near the coffin, head bent down in shame. He was at fault. He was to blame. 

The image changed. He was at the police station - on his knees. The sight of Steve's remains haunted him and the image swirled and changed. He saw Claudia in her bedroom, hugging her husband's pillow. Laura was in the corner crying because her mother had refused to talk to her all day. He was at fault. He was to blame.

Never had he ever felt this weak of a Hunter. He was a failure. But, not again. Not anymore. 

A sudden adrenaline rush threw him off his feet and he charged forward, screaming with all his might as a few strands of what John called "Kurai Shi" flew at him. They were fast, slashing through the air and making horrifying whipping sounds. Ashton kept his ground. 

Think. Think, Ash, think. 

He counted, eyes moving from one strand of dark death to another. Five strands. Two with Zane and three chasing him. If he could somehow disable them, he could get to John. The length seemed to be limited and they were linked to his soul, hurting them would hurt John. 

As another strand flew at him, he ran forward, slid past it and grabbed the taser baton from under Zane. Just as the Kurai Shi changed course and headed for him, he ducked and made sure to wrap it around the taser like a curling iron - two wraps, one second. Turning it on, he smirked. 

The electricity flew coursed through the tentacles and electrocuted John. Ashton had no mercy as he took in the sight with his teeth gritted. He kept it on, waiting for John to die under the shock.

No more. No more pain or suffering for anyone because of you. 

A few seconds later, he was beginning to get sick to the stomach as the smell of burning flesh filled the air. Suddenly, John's body went limp and Ashton turned off the electricity just as the Deimon escaped its host body. 

He winced, apologizing to the human host. 

John was burned to a crisp.

Without John's body, the parasitic Deimon could no longer use his powers. The tentacles were no longer anywhere to be found and the one that had impaled Zane had vanished: he was on the floor, blood seeping out. The shadowy and jelly-like figure of the Deimon bobbed from side to side. 

A howling screech escaped from a hole where the Deimon's stomach should have been and the twin smirked, suddenly getting the urge to crack a joke. 

"Not much show are you, without your host body?"

"I WILL KILL YOU!"

"Good luck with that, bud." 

The Deimon charged and Ashton ducked. It punched and he dodged, it kicked and he jumped, it attacked and he defended. The fight drained all of Ashton's energy and he couldn't be more thankful for the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Thank you, mother nature, for this wonderful hormone. 

Overcome by the feeling of being useless and wanting to end the fight, Alyx abruptly charged forward. She held her arm out in front of her and Ashton caught sight of a familiar bracelet. He saw what was coming and backed up slightly, allowing Alyx to take control - all within the span of a second or two. Just before making contact with the Deimon, the small gems of the bracelet sensed the demonic presence and began to unfold at tremendous speed building a strong, metal, circular shield.