[20]: Hoody's Blood

Impulsively, Elena screamed at the top of her lungs. 

Ashton charge forward, his claw-like hand out to rip the man's heart out. John simply side-stepped and jabbed his elbow into Ashton's back who'd passed him. He fell to the floor and just before John delivered a kick, he readied himself and dodged. 

Ashton punched and John blocked. John attacked and Ashton ducked. This continued for a few minutes until John's energy started to subside. After having put up a good fight with Elena, he was rapidly losing any energy he had reserved, greatly raising the stakes of him losing the fight. 

Jason, bless the doctor, scurried his way across the bloody battlefield and reached the older woman. Reaching out, he tried to play around with the chains to no avail. For a second attempt, he quickly pulled out a sharp blade. As hopeless and useless it may be, at least it might weaken the metal and Elena might be able to escape and offer Ashton a hand. 

But, John quickly caught sight of this and something came flying at Jason's hand: some kind of long but thin strand of... of darkness. Kind of like a flat piece of noodle that was had been dipped in tar. Beautifully shining but fatally deadly.

There it was. His power.

Jason felt his hand go numb and screamed in agony, his vocal cords threatening to give out under the strain. Elena let out a yelp as she saw something land on the floor next to her. She winced and glanced away, forcing her food to stay inside her stomach. 

"Let's see how you try to help Elena with one hand." He smirked, keeping his attention on Jason but still holding off the Hunter. He glanced Jason up and down. "Oh dear. Looks like you have too many legs. Let me help you with that." 

Another string flew out from behind Jason but albeit Elena tried to take the blow using her right arm (her skin and flesh would just regenerate), the dark string dodged past her and sliced Jason's leg. 

She heard the sharp sound of it cutting through Jason's knee. Elena thought she'd go deaf, Jason's screams of agony filling her ears like water filling a bottle. But, little by little the sound disappeared as Jason fell into a state of unconsciousness. With all her might, Elena hoped that he was just unconscious and not really dead.

"How do you like my Kurai Shi?" John asked albeit he did not want an answer. 

Dark death, she translated from Japanese. 

Elena gritted her teeth and cursed, realizing there was only one way to free herself and aid Ashton in the fight. She closed her eyes and focused all her attention on the extraordinary force she felt in her right arm. It was like a magnet, drawing her to the Deimon realm. And for the first time, she accepted it. She stepped in but hesitantly left part of her outside. She let it partially take control over her. 

All of a sudden, an outburst of energy came over her as she opened her eyes. She clenched her fists so hard, her nails dug into her skin. Blood trickled out. Then, she felt something brush against her palm and the metal handcuffs came loose, hitting the floor with a clang.

She stretched and looked at her palm, flexing her fingers. They were covered in blood. 

Far ahead of her, John flung himself at Ashton and knocked the teenager over. His adrenaline was increasing as he realized what was happening to Elena. Cursing, he elbow-struck Ashton's forehead and threw him across the plane. He hit a metal wall and slid down. 

John didn't need his Deimon senses to know that something was charging him from behind. He ducked just as he turned, twisting his arm around and trying to land a punch. He told himself to calm down, to take on Elena. The more frightened he got, the worse it was for the host's body.