[12]: Scratch Scratch

A/N: Happy extremely early birthday Shenuri_Fernando! Thanks for being such an amazing reader of mine! <3 <3 <3

Oh please no no no. Oh, gosh, no please.

"Lucy...?"

Lisa spoke again and as soon as the words escaped her mouth, Lucy charge forward.

She dodged sideways but the Deimon was speedy. It approached and she did what she had to do for Alyx's sake - even if it meant hurting a friend. She reached for the glass of water on the bedside stool and threw it at the Deimon. It hit its forehead and broke with a crash, sending blood flowing  down her face.

Lucy rubbed the blood from her eyes.

"Yhe hurh!" Her voice became even more indecipherable as the Deimon's whole being cursed through her body, taking over everything. Yet, the meaningwas crystal clear. "The girl!"

She was reaching Terminal Point. This Deimon wasn't strong enough to hold the host's body together and Lucy was too fragile to withstand the Deimon. If worse comes to worst, this would be the last night Alyx ever spent with Lucy. 

Alyx's footsteps approached and she slammed the door open.  "Luce! Lisa! I heard the noise-"

Lucy turned around and moved for her, reaching her hand out in desperation to hold Alyx. "Alyx!"

"No!" Lisa flung herself forward and tackled the girl down.

Grunting and screaming, both girls engaged in a fight. Throwing things, landing punches, wiping blood, crying sweat, and pushing a screaming Alyx away. It was a painful and confusing exchange for Alyx to watch.

Suddenly, unable to resist the urge to protect Alyx at all costs, Lisa drove forward and kneed Lucy in the stomach. A few more kicks here and there and the girl was unconscious.

"No!" Alyx fell to her knees, crying, next to Lucy's limp body.

"Lucy, get up!" She screamed and cursed Lisa. "Why did you do that?"

She tried to help Alyx but only got pushed away aggressively. 

"Get away from her! You monster!"

"Listen to me, Alyx!" Lisa was yelling now too. "That isn't Lucy anymore! That's-"

Alyx got up and pushed Lisa, her eyes igniting a flame so bright it hurt her. "Get out."

"No, please just listen -"

"Get out of my house, Lisa. Get out."

"Alyx-"

"GET OUT!"

~

Zane revved the engine to life and drove off, his mind completely boggled as to what that call had meant. He tried calling Emily again but no answer. Tension built up inside of him and he almost ran over a pedestrian crossing the street.

****! He cursed.

A howling screech sounded as he swerved the car to the right and came to a stop. He glared at the citizen so carelessly wandering about. Then he saw it. 

The man wasn't crossing the street. He, the hooded man from before, was deliberately risking his life to get in Zane's way. 

He stomped out of his vehicle. "Have you gone crazy?"

Instead of saying anything, the figure simply reached into his cloak with his left hand and brought out a pile of papers which he flung into the air and ran off, disappearing into the woods before Zane even had time to register what just happened.