4 ; My Neck is Off Limits

I wince when he touches my jaw. 

My butt is perched between two sinks in a bathroom and my hands are gripping the cold marble counter tightly.

"Whats your name?" I ask. 

The guy is standing with his back to me, fiddling with something in the medicine cabinet over the toilet. 

I take in my surroundings. It's a fairly big and modern bathroom. Theres a double-shower on my left and the door is to my right. The white tiles reflect some of the light coming from the spots over our heads.

By the looks of the bathroom his parents seem rich. Maybe they know my parents? I haven't properly seen the rest of the apartment. When he led me here, he didn't even bother to turn on the light, moving in the dark like a silent shadow. 

I however, managed to stumble upon several pieces of furniture. And whenever I did so, I could practically feel the burn of his glare.

He turns around but doesn't answer. I let out a huff of frustration. 

When his thumb graces my jaw again a slight whimper escapes my lips and I turn my head to the side. He still doesn't say anything. 

My body goes rigid when his hand grips the side of my neck. My pulse quickens and I'm almost certain he can feel it. But his touch isn't scary. It's not even cold. His palm is warm. Too warm. I'm beginning to sweat but I let his grip guide my jaw towards him again.

"This is gonna hurt," he warns. His eyes are cast down on my jaw. 

I haven't even looked in the mirror yet, but I already know it's gonna look hideous. How am I gonna cover this? I begin to think of lies I can tell, but my thoughts are interrupted when my face is set on fire. It feels like my whole chin is filled with acid, bubbling my blood. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but it fucking hurts.

I'm gripping the counter so tightly my knuckles are turning white and I hiss through my teeth. His next is unexpected but appreciated as his thumb strokes my neck in comfort. His touch is almost making me dizzy. 

But I know it's just because it's my neck. I never let anyone near my neck. It's as if someone put all my nerves right under the tender skin, leaving the rest of my body passive. My neck is off limits to everyone.

If he notices my discomfort, he doesn't act on it. But I can tell he noticed because the left corner of his mouth twitched at first. And he hasn't stopped caressing my neck even though he's done with the rinsing.

"My name's Jackson," he says. He doesn't look up from my jaw as he patches it up. "You don't need stitches. Just rinse it once a day and change the bandage." 

He's still caressing my neck.

There's something intimate about this moment. But it all vanishes when I see the blood on his hands. It's my blood. But it's also not my blood. It's someone else's. And the thought makes me almost vomit. 

He's a killer. He killed someone tonight, and then pinned it on me. He's sick. And there's nothing attractive about him. Even if his eyes resemble a deep forrest I want to wander in.

As if his touch is burning me, I slap his hand away from my neck and jump off the counter. 

"I need to go," I say hastily, not meeting his eyes.

He takes a step back and crosses his arms over his chest. "Why not stay for a while?" he mocks. I look him straight in the eyes. I almost look away when I see the blackness in them.

They're not intriguing anymore. They resemble a wolf. 

A beast so hungry for blood it will do almost anything. 

And I guess thats what he did.

I swallow the lump in my throat as my eyes begin to water. I'm never getting out of this. There's a guy lying on the cold hard ground, and my fingerprints are all over it. 

A guy died tonight. And I watched him descend. 

I watched him crumble to the ground. He probably has a family. He's someones son, someones brother, someones father. I try to heave in a gulf of air but my lungs aren't allowing oxygen. They refuse to let me breathe.

I turn to the door and storm out, trying to navigate my way through the apartment. I don't even care if I wake up his parents. They should know what a monster he is. Jackson should realize the pain he has caused.

I can hear him walk after me, hunting me like the wolf he is. A thought strikes me. What if he kills me? Why hasn't he already?

I'm walking faster and faster and when I see the front door I'm practically sprinting towards it. But just as I reach for the handle his hand grips mine and with a sudden jolt I'm turned towards him.

I don't utter a single word and neither does he. I'm heaving after my breath, but Jackson seems like he barely lifted a finger. I try to free my hand but his grip only tightens. 

"Ouch..." I bend my arm and his grip losens but only enough to not leave a huge bruise.

He rips my hand towards him and I stumble into his chest before quickly averting my whole body away from him. I'm shaking and tears are streaming freely now. 

He's going to kill me.

"You know what happens now?" he sneers. 

I remain silent. 

"Answer me." His grip tightens and I whimper.

"N-no," I say, my voice coming out in a whimper.

"You won't speak of what happened tonight ever again. Do you understand?" 

I nod my head. 

"I have the knife, so if I find out you so much as said my name, I will not hesitate to throw you under the bus. Got it?" His voice is harsh and is cutting me like a knife.

A sob escapes my lips and I feel so ashamed. How could I let this happen? Why did the universe decide to spit on me like this? I'm never getting out of this. 

When I just continue to sob he takes my cheek in his hand but I refuse. I refuse to look at him.

"What's your name?" he says.

When I don't answer he grips my neck and force me to look at him. 

Tears fall down my cheeks and to the ground like it's a race. I can feel them wet the bandage he just put on but I don't care. 

Tears are falling all around me and I just want to drown.

"My...I- Adeline...my n-nam-name's Adeline." The words stumble out of my mouth in a chaotic mess, barely making sense.

He let's go of me and I stumble back to the door, frantically feeling around for the handle. 

When I feel my fingers curl around it I rip the door open and stumble out, never looking back once.

---

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed!

xoxo