14 ; Too Intimate

Jackson grabs my wrist and starts dragging me away.

I struggle to break lose and I'm digging my heels into the floor.

"I'm not going anywhere with you! Let go of me you Jack-ass. Where are you even taking me?"

He doesn't answer. He doesn't even look at me before he's sitting in the drivers seat of his black truck and I'm in the passenger seat.

Jackson turns the key and cranks up the heat.

"I'm helping you calm down," he says. As if dragging me out of school is totally normal and sane.

I snort. "Helping me calm down?"

He looks and me. "Yes."

I cross my arms. "Where are you taking me?"

He smirks. "It's a surprise, 'babe'."

I roll my eyes. "Really? You're that type? Pathetic. I expected more from you." I say, a little sarcastically.

Jackson does the unthinkable.

He laughs. It's a small one. More of a chuckle, really. But it still takes me by surprise. And I'm not sure what I'm more surprised about. The fact that he actually laughed or the fact that it made my stomach do a flip.

I look away when I realize I've been staring at him for too long. He doesn't seem to mind though, if he even noticed, but a wave of a blush comes over me anyway.

My eyes follow the scenery as he drives. I hear the sound of the motor working smoothly and there's a leathery smell in the air from the seats. The seats are smooth and warm and I realize this is a really nice car. All black interior, sleek and classy.

Houses and trees blur past us and I realize we're on our way out of town. My mind begins coming up with horrid scenarios of Jackson taking me out of town to kill me. Did he regret framing me now? Is he just going to get rid of me? I mean, it'd be a hell of a lot easier for him.

My mind relaxes a bit when I see the gym. The building is dark and run down like always. A few cars are lined in the parking lot but other than that the place seems just as abandoned as I remember it in the dark.

Jackson parks the car and gets out, motioning for me to follow him. I do as he wants, albeit a bit hesitantly.

When we're inside Jackson turns to look at me.

"You ever done boxing before?"

I raise my eyebrows in slight surprise at his question.

"Right, stupid question. Of course you haven't." He laughs to himself.

My eyes narrow at him and he quits laughing.

"Actually, I have. I took a self-defense class with Hailee a few years ago. There was a little boxing involved." I look at him proudly.

My pride is killed though when Jackson starts laughing again. He doesn't stop either and I'm beginning to get annoyed.

"Sorry I'm not able to beat you to death." My voice is bitter and I walk past him, making sure to bump him hard with my shoulder.

I hear Jackson grumbling something under his breath, but then he's next to me again. He leads me to a bench next to the boxing-sacks in the corner of the room. A few people stop to look at us, but most of them seem to not care at all.

"Sit down and give me your hands."

I do as I'm told and take a seat, lending him my hands. He takes my right arm and holds it carefully in his before he reaches for something in his pocket. I realize he's about to tape my fists.