5 ; A Green Car

I've been running for almost ten minutes. Pins and needles are scratching at my legs and my throat is so dry I'm afraid it might crack and crumble, suffocating me. 

I try to remember where we came from, but I don't know where I am anymore. I'm just know I'm in the outskirts of the town. 

The houses here are run down, some of them having broken windows and others peeling paint. I try to recognize the street I'm on as I slow down to a jog. 

My body is begging for me to stop, but I know if I don't keep running I'll never move again.

My vision is blurry from my tears and I try to blink and clean them out. 

In the distance I can faintly make out the silhouette of a large building. It's the gym.

Two lampposts are flanking it and the orange light coming from them are a reminder of the guy now lying under an orange light, a few blocks away from here. 

I wonder if his body is still there or if someone has seen it and called the police already.

I wan't to go check but I also want to turn and run away.

I do neither.

Instead, I just walk towards the gym.

It's an old brick building. The windows are either too dirty to look through or broken. The broken ones are covered with old newspapers.

The only indication that this building is still in use is the sticker on the big metal doors. 'Beast-mode Training'. Why would Tyler work out here? It looks horrible in comparison to the one located on the other side of the town. 

I know because I used to work out there. I haven't been there in ages though, and I make a mental note to check it out again. I could use the distraction.

I reach the gym and I pause there for a few minutes. It's got to be closed now. It's got to be at least one in the morning. 

I try the doors. Locked.

Tyler is not here.

I begin walking towards my house. The journey takes me another twenty minutes and by the time I reach our porch my body is ready to cave in on itself. I extend a shaky hand towards the handle and when I hear the 'click-and-swosh' of the door my shoulders slump in relief. 

Tyler forgot to lock the door. He always forgets to lock it and I usually yell at him for it, but now I'm silently thanking his goldfish brain.

As quietly as possible I make my way to the stairs and walk up, avoiding the third step as it always squeaks.

When I reach my room I don't even bother taking off my clothes and jump straight into my bed.

...

I'm running. My feet seem lighter than they've ever been. My heart is racing faster than ever though. I'm in a forest somewhere outside of town. The smell of pine trees and bark make for a great companion on my hike. I'm running uphill and in a matter of minutes I'm at the top.

I look out. I can faintly see the town a few miles away, on the other side of a sea. I crane my neck backwards. The sky is a light blue color, not a single cloud in sight. Beams of sunlight shine sharply through the lace pattern of the tree branches that stretch out above me.

I look to the sea again. It glitters in the sunlight and there are clouds of white foam spread in thin lines across the surface. The wind picks up and I see the clouds stretch higher, trying to fly off the waves.