20 ; Golden Beam

I wake up to something heavy falling over my stomach. My eyelids flutter open and I look down to see Jacksons arm wrapping tightly around me. His warm chest is pressing against my back and a smile makes its way onto my face, a fuzzy feeling filling my insides.

Jackson groans in his sleep and nuzzles his head in my neck. His hair tickles the soft skin and I let out a little laugh.

"Mmm... You laughing at me?" His voice is muffled in my hair and I can hear the smile in his voice. 

In one swift motion he switches position so I'm lying underneath him. His fingers comb through my knotty hair and my eyes flutter shut, my body exhilarating at his touch.

"No, I wasn't." I open my eyes and stare at him, a small smile still on my face. 

His brown curls fall in his eyes and I brush them away with my fingertips, letting then brush all the way through to his neck. He smiles and give me a slow gentle kiss and my eyes fall shut again. When his lips leave mine my eyes open and look up to find Jackson smiling. 

A streak of sunlight shines through the window and leaves a bright gleam on his face. The beam glimmers in his right eye and the color shifts from green to gold.

The sun is illuminating everything about him, like it's kissing him with joy. 

He looks like an angel, I think. 

Jackson cups my cheeks and a small smile still teases his lips. 

"What did I do to have you here with me?" His voice is a mere whisper but it shatters everything. My smile falls along with his wings and the bliss is gone, replaced with a cold gust of wind blowing through me.

"I need to go," I say. My eyes look away from his face and to the windows. The sun is still shining but the golden beam is no longer directed at Jackson. Birds chirp and the sky is clear of any skies. But it's not the same.

Nothing gold can stay. The quote rusher through my mind and the illusion changes. Jackson is no angel. The moment was just golden.

I close my eyes and I feel something hot trailing down my face.

"Hey, whats wrong? Adeline, talk to me? What's wrong?" Jackson dries away the tear with his hand and he continues to stroke my face. I slap his hand away and forcefully push him off of me. I stand up abruptly and my naked body is now on display. I pull on the first item of clothing I find which happens to be Jacksons shirt. The material is soft against my skin and I would have ripped it off if I could find my own shirt.

I pull on my pants and shoes, find my phone and storm out of the room and down the stairs. I hear Jackson swearing and he storms after me.

"Adeline! Wait, what's happening?" He grips my wrist and I stop.

This is all too much. Deja vu clings to every moment and I need to get away.

"Let go of me," I say. My voice is steady but I can feel my heart in my throat.

"What happened?" Jackson is staring down at me and I'm staring down at the floor.

"I need to go."

"Why?"

When I don't answer he steps forward and cups my cheek. I'm tempted to let the warm feelings of his touch envelop me, and for a moment I do. I close my eyes and another tear falls to the ground.

Then I slap his hands away one more time and take a step back. My tear stricken eyes look at him and all I see is a confused broken boy.

I let out a deep breath. "Just take me home."