25 ; Two Broken Hearts

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

The words echo through my mind several times. His lips graze my ear and cheek as he leans back. Our eyes meet but I can't do anything but look at him. Say it back! My mind screams for me to do something. Anything.

But the moment is broken all too soon and my window of opportunity closes when Jackson backs away from me.

He turns to Tyler and I see his back tense up.

"Do it," he says.

My eyes widen. "No!" I scream. But it's already too late.

Jackson is pushed back by the force of Tylers' punch. He staggers but manages to keep his footing, wiping a smear of blood along his bottom lip. I can tell he's angry. The veins on his arms stand out. But he doesn't act on it. He just stands there.

"What are you waiting for? Just beat him already." Sebastian chides, humor lacing his voice. "Oh and if you hold back, I won't hesitate to shoot your sister," he adds. 

And that's all the motivation he needs. Tyler lunges at him again. I can practically hear his bones breaking whenever Tyler lands a punch or kick. Jacksons groans of pain are mixed with my own sobs of protest. Jackson is now on the ground in a fetal position, barely even holding on to his consciousness. Blood leaks through his lips and his eyes are slowly falling shut.

"Stop! Please..." My scratchy and hoarse voice fills the room.

Tyler is breathing heavily as he stands over Jackson, his back facing me. His knuckles are covered in blood. 

I squirm in my chair, pulling and tugging at the ropes that are painfully cutting into my skin. Sebastian comes up behind me and I tense up, feeling his breath on my neck.

"Shhh kitten. Sit still and enjoy the show."

I feel bile rise up in my throat at his voice. "Why?" I ask. "Why are you doing this?" My voice comes out weaker than I wanted. 

Tyler turns to look at us. Sebastian laughs as if this is funny. As if it doesn't even matter. He walks slowly in front of me.

"I told you. I need him." Sebastian nods his head in Jacksons direction.

"Then why are you killing him?!" I ask, anger seeping through. 

Sebastian smiles innocently. "Don't be so dramatic dear. I would never kill the guy. No. I need him alive."

I look at the guy crumpled up on the floor. His eyes keep closing and opening again and his skin is coated in a sheen of sweat mixed with blood. Half his face is covered in blood. And his body is bruised black and blue.

"Come on Tyler. One last kick."

Tyler glares at Sebastian and clenches his fists. But then Sebastian points the gun at me and I feel myself freeze up, eyes widening.

Tyler turns to Jackson again and tears are already flowing from my eyes. I close them just in time to block out the vision of Tyler punching Jackson again. But I can still hear it. This time it sounds like Jacksons skull just broke in half. 

I open my eyes hesitantly and see an unconscious Jackson lying still on the floor. I don't know if it's a scream or sob that escapes my mouth but I don't care. All I care about right now is the love of my life, lying lifeless on the cold hard ground. My breath comes out in short pants as I continue to tug against the ropes, feeling them dig even deeper into my skin but never giving after and breaking.