10 ; I Need It

Jacksons' POV

I watch her drive away in a grey Mercedes.

Who the hell is this girl? And is Tyler really her brother? He never mentioned a sister. Ever.

But I guess that's understandable. I wouldn't mention my weakness either, if I had one.

Sebastian, the guy running this shit, won't hesitate to crush it. He's a bastard. He really is.

His wife is raising their kids in a big mansion just out of town, oblivious to what her husband does. Oblivious to his affairs and drug-deals and underground fighting.

I never even so much as sniff at his drug-business, but I know it's getting bigger. He's getting more power. More money.

I turn around and walk back inside, rolling my shoulders and stretching my back and arms as I walk.

Tyler's a good boxer, I'll give him that. He knows what he's doing.

But he better not bring Adeline here again. It's not safe, and even though I pretty much 'framed' her for murder, I know she doesn't deserve it.

Murder. The word scratches at my sanity. I fucking killed a guy. I ended someone.

It was self defense, I tell myself. And truth be told it was. He would've slaughtered me. Tortured me even. Before he gave me back to Sebastian only to then be killed for getting into trouble.

Henry, the guy I killed, was part of the drug-business. He was a dealer. A pretty good one at that.

But he wouldn't hesitate to have me killed off. He's been after me for months now. He was jealous.

Jealous because Sebastian put me on a throne. Because I heaved in more money from my fights.

Sebastian made thousands on me.

I don't care about the money though. I don't need it.

I crave something bigger than that.

"Good fight."

I don't turn around from my locker. Sebastian moves closer and I can see him in my peripheral vision. His hands are tucked in his jeans as usual.

"I always fight good," I say, sipping up my bag after pulling on a hoodie.

"Indeed you do."

I turn and head for the door, but his voice stops me.

"Why didn't you finish it?" he asks.

My shoulders tense and I grind my teeth. "Does it matter? I won, didn't I?"

"You always knock 'em out. You always finish it."

I remain silent.

"So why didn't you tonight?" he keeps prodding.

"He was already down. Besides, the fight wasn't serious."

"I thought Lucifer never showed mercy."

"He doesn't," I say. My fist is gripping my bag tightly and I keep grinding my teeth.

Sebastian doesn't respond so I take that as my cue to leave and I'm halfway out the door when he speaks again.

"If that girl ever stops you again I'll end her," he says.

I turn around at this and take a few carefully calculated steps towards him, making sure my glare cools him to the core.

"She has nothing to do with this. You leave her alone," I sneer at him.

He only let's out a laugh, smiling sadistically. "She might not have anything to do with Lucifer, but she sure as hell is involved with Jackson."

I don't respond because if I did he'd have me killed me in an instant. That fucking bastard.

He walks slowly around me. "You should watch your steps, Jackson. And keep your bitch on a leash."

Then he walks out the door.

...

Adelines' POV

I glance at Tyler. He's slumped against the seat and is looking out the window. How long has he been like this? So broken. It's like he's a totally different person. I don't even know him anymore. We don't have secrets. We've always been close, but now, as I'm sitting five feet away from him, I've never felt more distant.

"Why?" my voice breaks the silence.

He doesn't take his eyes off of the trees we're passing as we drive. "Why what?"

"Why would you do this to yourself?"

"You wouldn't understand," he says grumpily.

I'm getting frustrated now. Fed up with his attitude. "Then help me understand. Explain it to me!"

"You wouldn't understand," is his only response.

"Well, give me one fucking reason I shouldn't tell dad!"

"I need this," he says.

I shake my head and laugh. "You need it...You fucking need it?" I yell.

He doesn't even flinch. There's no response from him and if I wasn't driving I'd fucking strangle him right now, freshly beat up or not.

"Does Hailee know?" I ask.

He remains silent.

"Does. Hailee. Know?" I repeat, enunciating every word.

"No."

I let out a sigh, both in anger and frustration. My hands are gripping the wheel tightly and I'm pretty sure I'm pressing the gas harder and harder.

"Well, then you better fucking tell her before I do."

I see him turning towards me, probably to glare. "You have no fucking right to tell her. She doesn't need to know."

"She has a right to know if her boyfriend is killing himself!" I explode. Everything about this is wrong. My blood is boiling and I almost see red.

"I'm not dead am I!?" Tyler explodes as well, probably just as pissed as me.

"Yet."

Tyler grumbles something under his breath. "Fine, I'll tell her. Just... Just give me some time to do it." His voice is calmer now, warmer.

I let out a sigh. "Fine. But promise me you will."

He doesn't reply. "Tyler, promise me."

He huffs. "Fine, I promise you I'll talk to her."

The rest of the car ride is spent in silence.

---

A/N:

Holy cow! Writing from a guys POV is actually really hard. Like, how do guys think? lol

Well I hope you like the chapter. I'm gonna start updating once a week, twice if I have the time. I'll update every Sunday. I don't know what time though, but I promise I'll try my best to get it up.

Thats all :)

Remember to vote! Seriously, it's super easy. Just tap the star ;)

xoxo