27 ; Confess Your Love

Jacksons POV

My fists ache with each punch and my punches get harder with each thrust. Sweat coats my whole body and my breath is ragged. My body is still sore from Tylers' beating, purple bruises still covering my skin.

But I push through it. I continue to punch and punch until I fall to my knees. I'm heaving for air but I'm not sure I want to breathe anymore at all. Sebastian can go to hell. I'm already there. Adeline deserved better. Deserves better. I can't even look at her for more than three seconds before I feel a tug in my heart.

I can't stop thinking about her. I see her everywhere. The only time I don't actually think of her is when I'm boxing, hence why I'm here now. I wasn't even planning on it but I was taking a walk and then I was just here. And I keep a bag here at all times just in case.

Fuck. I should've never even met her. She'd be happy without me. I've only caused her pain. I imagine her lips curling up at the edges after a kiss. I can smell the raspberry scent of her hair. I feel her soft skin against mine.

The gym is empty. It's eleven at night. I shouldn't even be here. I need sleep but every time I close my eyes I see her. And it fucking hurts.

I shuffle up from the ground and head to the lockers. My bag is the only one there. I open it and dig around for my phone. I have a few missed calls with voicemails from Sebastian but that's not what grabs my attention.

I have a text from Tyler. Tyler of all people has contacted me. I quickly unlock my phone and open the message.

Tyler: don't have time to explain. If you're in the gym you need to get out NOW.

I frown. The text was sent fifteen minutes ago. I pull out my hoodie from the bag and throw it on. When I walk past the door leading to the downstairs I hear shuffling from the other side. It's probably Sebastian in his office. Guess I'm not alone in this hellhole after all.

My hand curls around the handle but I quickly retrieve it, feeling a burning sensation. "What the fuck?"

I lean against the door. Crackling is heard from the other side. I take a few steps back. Then I lunge for the door, kicking it down with my right foot. Smoke erupts from the doorway and I'm blinded by the sting. I start coughing. How come Sebastian doesn't have a fucking fire alarm?!

Other questions form in my head but all I do is get the hell out. I walk quickly to the double door, swinging them open and feel relieved when fresh air hits my lungs. I'm reaching for my phone, calling 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

I cough some more but freeze when I see Sebastian holding Adeline in a headlock, gun to her temple.

Adelines' POV

Thirty minutes earlier

I tug at the arms of my jacket as a gust of wind passes. I can feel the nerves wrecking havoc in my body. Fucking hell what am I doing? I see the gym closing in. Tyler should be behind it, doing his part of the plan.

I stop when I reach the dark parking lot. It's empty and I look around me to see if anybody is watching me. I don't see anyone but I know they're out there. I pull my phone out from my pocket, tapping the screen but not actually calling.

"Hey, Jackson," I say, voice clear. "Yeah I'm outside the building," I continue while looking around me. "I'll just wait here." I 'end the call'.

It takes maybe ten minutes before I even hear something. Tyler should be done by now. If everything is going smoothly he should be standing at the side of the building in the shadows. I fidget around until I hear a clicking sound.