Detention with Snape >.<

,After I was forced to part ways with Fred and George my mind was again fretting the detention in that cold dungeon with the snake that was Professor Severus Snape, not even Defence Against the Dark Arts could distract me from the thought of that impending doom.

It was dinner, well for everyone else. Hermione was good enough to walk me to the stairs leading down to the Potions room, while Harry and Ron, the ungrateful sods, left to have dinner in the Great Hall even though it was because of them that I was in this mess.
"I'll get them back for this I swear it." I mumbled to myself.
"What was that?"
I looked at Hermione and smiled broadly.
"Oh nothing much," I said. "Just vowing revenge against Ronald Weasly and Harry Potter."
Hermione laughed.
I sighed 'well at least she thinks I'm joking.'

Hermione and left me at the stairs and I continued the trip on my own, I was cold when I came to the wooden door to the Potions room and knocked. Professor Snape came to the door promptly, I could feel the hate in his cold black eyes when he looked down at me.
"Come in."
I entered the room and was surprised to see a boom, mop, bucket of water and a washing cloth on one of the working benches.
"Tonight you'll be cleaning up the class room." His tone was flat and cold, but not cruel.
I looked at him dumbfounded, I was expecting testing deadly poisions, being burned with a poker any evil nasty thing but not cleaning, I liked cleaning.
I moved to the table and picked out a mop to clean the floor, I eyed Snape suspiciously but he just went to his desk and started marking students papers leaving me to mop up the floor.
I had finished the mopping and moved onto wiping off the workbenches.
'Gosh these things are dusty.' I looked at Professor Snape out of the corner of my eye, he was still marking the stack of papers and every now and then grumbling about the poor quality of thses papers. 'How does he do it? Putting up with all the rubish that we give him, why would he.'
"I gather that you're done."
I jumped and went back to cleaning, I hadn't even realised that I had been staring at him.
"No not yet."
I looked long enough to see him smirk before I went back to cleaning.

 I was almost done, just the far side of the room and I could go. 'Dinner was probably over by now.'
I was over by the shelves where the potions left by the students were kept. I heard him come over towards me, I turned to face him when he walked past me.
"The floor's still -" I begun.
I was too late; Severus slipped in the floor and when he reached out to stop himself he hit a bottle knocking it over and cutting his hand. He landed on his hands and knees when he hit the ground,his hand in the slimy green potion my class had been assigned to make. I dropped to my knees next to him and grabbed his hand after helping him sit up away from the potion; the cut by itself wasn't too bad but with the potion seeping into the wound is looked really bad.
"Umm stay here." I got up and started looking around the shelves for somthing to slow the heart rate (yeah, that extra use I was thinking about before is that when the potion enters the blood stream it will quickly go to your heart and ... worst case you'll die, but not before you lose feeling and motor functions). Severus knew this too, he tried to stand and quickly fell to the floor again.
"Stay here." I went back and looked at his hand trying to think of somthing.
"Black."
I wasn't paying attention.
"Black, Vandela!"
I jumped and froze looking at Severus, he looked at me with his black eyes.
"None on the potion got into the wound," he paused. "I'm fine."
There was a moment when I shut down to comprehend what had happened.
"Oh ... I'll just." I paused, "I'll just clean this up then." 
Severus stood up and walked over to his desk.
"You can go now." He waved his wand and the mess of glass and green potion vanished.
Slowly and roboticly I stood and walked to the door.
"Um ... Ok ... I'll see you tomorrow then maybe."
Severus nodded but didn't speak and I left.

I lay in bed that night, still trying to figure out what had happened; Severus Snape fell and cut his hand on the broken bottle of sleeping draft that the class had made earlier that day ... I thought that some of the potion had gotten into the wound ... I panicked ... I was worried that he would die.
I paused in my train of thought.
I was worried that Severus Snape would die ... why though?'
I looked out the window and looked at the moon.
'Why would I care if he died?' I shook my head, 'no I would care because I'm not like that, it's sad when anyone dies ... is it?'
I remembered back to when I was staring at him mark those papers.
'Why had I been staring?'
I groaned.
'Damn him.'  
I closed my eyes determined to get some sleep before DA tomorrow.

I fell asleep but even in my dreams I could see him; Some times he was sitting there all smug as he watched me squirm, other times he wasn't. I watched him fall and cut his hand again, this time he did get poisoned. I tried to run to him, to save him but Voldemort was there stopping me, there was nothing I could do but watch him die. I cried out to him but that was useless, only after Severus was dead did the barrier disappear and I ran to him.
"Severus." I cried.
A cackle of a laugh came from behind me and Voldemort raised his wand to finish me off once and for all, green light filled my vision.
I woke up gasping.
'Not again.' I looked around before lying back down on my bed, Hemione was still asleep thank heavens. The sky was grey, a sign that the sun would be coming up soon and looking as my watch confirmed that it was getting on to six. 'Great.' I closed my eyes again, and couldn't get back to sleep.
Did I have a crush on Severus Snape? My teacher and my Fathers enemy, and therefore by extension mine as well. I shook my head, no I can't be ... could I?