Wind in the Willows #^.^#

Day after day after miserable day had passed, leaving Hogwarts only a few weeks until the Tournament ends along with the school year.
People were having more respect with Harry as the days went by and the final tournament drew closer, even I was finding myself in higher spirits and was actually excited for Harry after I woke up one morning and realised; He could actually win this.

The warn sun was high in the sky, the birds were singing in the trees and the Black Lake was lapping against bank. I was sitting under a Maple tree reading a book I ‘borrowed’ from Hermione; it was a Muggle book called Wind in the Willows. I had only read through the first three chapters but so far I was enjoying it.
A cold wind blew and I shivered.
The sun had been covered up by a passing cloud, it probably would have passed over and left me be but after I looked at my watch I decided it was time to head back to the castle and sneak Wind in the Willows back into Hermione’s trunk before she wants to read it.
I shivered again as I rose to my feet and began walking back, hugging the book to my chest. In the wind I could hear Hagrid singing down at his hut; I looked down the hill and watched the tall round figure moving around outside his hut. He faced me and waved, I smiled and waved back.
“Hey Hagrid!” I called to him.
“ ’ello Vandela.” He called back.
I smiled and continued on my way.

The castle was quiet except for the mummer coming from the Great Hall.
Once again I didn’t feel very hungry, I do eat, I just had a big lunch today.
I walked through the halls trying to be as quiet as I could but that didn’t stop the paintings from noticing me as I crept down the halls.
“Good evening Miss Black.”
A painting of a man wearing a blue musketeer’s uniform called to me, he bowed and removed his plumed hat like the gentleman he was.
“Good evening kind Sir.” I bowed my head in response.
“Not hungry tonight are we?”
I smiled.
“No not tonight.”
He laughed.
“Well I will not keep you then.” He smiled and bowed again.
“Good night.” I waved to the painting before I continued on my way.
“Good night Miss Black.” The painting smiled and waved after me, hat in hand.

The hallways grew colder as letting me know that I was approaching the Slytherin common-room, and the Potions room.
I stopped and looked in the direction of the Potions room and wondered if I should go there to see Severus, I had been worried about him.
I crept to the corner of the hall and looked down the stairs in the dungeon, debating if I should go and see if he was in his office.
“Can I help you?”
I jumped and spun, my foot slipped and started falling down the stairs.
“Wahh.” I reached out in an attempted to grab something but my hand slipped along the wall and I continued to fall.
An arm reached out and grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the landing, I crashed against something solid and I felt arms holding me steady. I looked up to see who my hero was; Severus was looking down at me, his black eyes filled with concern. I realised that he was holding me against his chest, with his arms around me and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as my face went red.
“Are you alright?” Concern filled his voice.
“Yes. I am. Thank you.”
I mumbled, feeling my cheeks grow hotter.
He looked at me for a second to make sure I wasn’t hurt before letting me go. He nodded and stepped away from me, heading down to the dungeon.
“Sev-” I started but stopped myself, “Professor Snape.”
He looked up at me.
I paused. Unsure of what to say.
“Why weren’t you teaching Potions that day?”
I cursed myself for not only asking a stupid question, but for putting it stupidly as well.
“I had things to attend to.” He answered simply, a small smile playing on his lips.
“Uh ok.” I smiled shyly, “I just … missed you.”
I looked at Severus long enough to see his pale cheeks turned faintly pink, my own cheeks went redder. I looked down at the ground and made my way back to the Gryffindor common-room.
Everyone would be leaving the hall and I still needed to replace the book before Hermione found out I had took it or she would hex me.