The First Challenge :)

The next few weeks were what you'd call 'pretty hectic'; Harry was getting more and more anxious about the first test, Hermione had taken on the role of his 'mother' in a manner of speaking and was fussing over him, making sure he was ready for the first test (whenever that was going to happen), Professor Snape was acting colder than usual towards me which really hurt in ways I can't explain, Remy had already started showing me off to his friends as his girlfriend, not that I'm surprised that's what boys do when they get a girlfriend so I was just going through the motions. And as if that wasn't enough Ron still refused to speak to Harry, boys can be a real pain in the neck.

I was in the library with Hermione; we were finishing up a Defence Against the Dark Arts essay. The Triwizard Tournament might be at the fore front of everyone’s mind but classes still ran as usual.
My eyes looked around the room; I think I'd looked at every surface visible but the parchment I was supposed to be writing on.
'Ok Vandela you've got to finish this.' I picked up my quill and glared at it before twirling it between my fingers.
"Will you stop fidgeting." Hermione snapped.
I stopped.
For three painstaking minuets I sat still and read the paragraph about hexes, I tried to behave really I did but soon I started playing with my quill again.
"Will you stop." Hermione snapped, she tried to hide it but I found a hint of a laugh there.
I smiled slyly and placed the quill under my nose like a moustache.
"But I'm bored." I rocked on my chair.
Hermione glanced at me and a smile appeared across her face.
"Do what you want just don't distract me."
For a time I did but soon I started tickling her with the feather tip of my quill.
"Stop please." She laughed, "do your work."
"Fine."
I put the tip of my quill to the parchment and within ten minutes I was done.
"Done." I smiled.
She looked at me shocked.
"How did you?"
I smiled and shrugged.
"I do pay attention during class."
"But finishing it that quickly."
"Now you know my secret."
She rolled her eyes, smiled and shook her head.
“So that’s your big secret,” she said. “You pay attention in class.”
I placed my index finger over my lips.
“Shh.” I smiled looking around, “you’ll blow my cover.”
Hermione and I laughed, making the librarian glare at us.
I just smiled at her.

Hermione and I, having finished our homework, left the library to head to our room for some girl time.
I sighed between spending time with Remy, Harry and Ron fighting and the extra homework that was being dished out during Potions I didn’t have enough time to spend with my favourite Gryffindor anymore.
Hermione and I were laughing and joking, excited about this evening when Ron came ‘round the corner and I felt all the enthusiasm within me go down the drain.
“Hermione.” He ignored me, “I need you to tell Harry something for me.”
She looked at me apologetically.
I just shrugged.
“I’ll see you later then Hermione.” I half smiled.
“Yeah I’m sorry Vandela.”
I walked down the hall.
Great.’ I sighed and lazily looked around the corridor; everyone was going about their business, walking to and from their classes, almost all of them were wearing a badge with Potter stinks or some rubbish like that.
I guess I could do my Potions homework.’ I thought absent-mindedly, ‘Severus has really been piling it on lately.’
I still couldn’t get that pained expression out of my mind, each night I would wake up in a cold sweat because of it.
Grr why should I care if he didn’t like it that I had a boyfriend, Remys a nice guy. And why should he care anyway he hates me.’
“Oof.”
 I was so distracted with my thoughts that I had walked into someone and the forced knocked me back so I fell on the floor.
“Sorry.” I looked up to see who I had walked in to. Severus was standing over me, looking down at me with cold black eyes.
I looked around, no one else was here.
“Sorry Professor.” I mumbled shyly.
His gaze was starting to make me feel uncomfortable, I felt my cheeks going red and I got to my feet, turning and started to leave.
“Have you completed your Potions assignment?” He called in his cold not caring voice.
I quickly turned back.
“Yes Professor I’ll hand it in tomorrow in Potions.” I went to leave again.
“I do you have it with you?”
“Yes.” This time I didn’t go to leave.
“I could just take it now if you want.”
I had to stop myself from letting my jaw drop.
“Are you sure? Yes, thank you Professor.” I took out a rolled up parchment from the rest I was carrying and walked over to him.
He took carefully and tucked it under his arm.
I couldn’t be sure but as I handed him the parchment I could have sworn I heard him say ‘Thank you Vandela.’ Without thinking I smiled at him.
“See you tomorrow Severus.” I smiled and ran off.

As it turns out the next day was the day of the first Triwizard Challenge. The whole school, plus all the other schools were taken out to what looked like the Quidditch pitch; it had been converted into an arena with doors around the outside and instead of grass and sand at the ground the pitch was covered with rocks and I even thinks a stream ran through the side of it. I had been at Hogwarts for four years and I was still amazed with what with school could do.
One by one the contestants came out Victor Krum, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory and finally Harry potter. Everyone was screaming with excitement and I’d honestly say that Hogwarts gave the loudest cheer when our representatives came out. Harry looked like a rabbit running away from that Thorn Tail, well that was until he took off on his broom bringing the dragon with him. The rest of the show was out of my view but every now and then I could head crashes and thuds and then finally an all mighty roar. Everyone was silent waiting for something to happen, then just over the castle Harry came flying victoriously back to the pitch. I had to block my ears everyone was so loud, but then I did my fair share of screaming too.