I Started Off Dancing ... :D

"Wait." I gaped, "so you and Harry are friends now?"

Ron nodded.

"Yeah I realized that it wasn't Harry's fault."

At that moment I truly came to question what I saw in him as a friend.

"You are hopeless." I hit him with my book, "why am I friends with you?"

"Ow! Hey Vandela stop it." Ron put his arms up to defend himself from my book. Harry, Fred, George and all the other Gryffindors that the 'Golden Trio' and I hang out with.

"Quiet please." Professor McGonagall walked into the hall like room with Filch behind her, "ladies over to the left and the gentlemen over to the right."

I sighed and stopped hitting Ron with my book.

"C'ya later boys." I waved as I walked off with Hermione.

"The Yule Ball ..."

Groans from the boys filled the right side of the room, while the girls side was filled with excited chatter, well most of them, I was inwardly groaning with the boys.

'I hated dancing and wearing dresses.'

"Mr Weasley." Professor McGonagall walked towards Ron, and he sunk back in his seat.

"Yes."

"You will help demonstrate the dance."

Professor McGonagall took him under the arm and pulled him into the middle of the hall; his face matched his hair, I could have died laughing. From across the hall I could see Fred and George were going red too on from laughing.

"Now," Professor McGonagall said when she was quite done torturing poor Ron. "Everyone find a partner."

All laughter in me died.

"Ow." I muttered.

"Sorry." Remy smiled, only to trod on my toes again.

"Ow." This time I stepped on his, "how do you like it?"

"Ouch." Remy laughed, "Maybe we should take a break."

I agreed.

We sat down under the tree that we first met at. I leaned against the tree, Remy leaned against my legs. I smiled and played with his dark brown hair; he closed his eyes and smiled.

"So what are you going to wear for the ball?"

I put on a thinking face.

"I hadn't given it much thought."

Remy nodded.

"Ok are you going to be there?"

I smirked.

"Are you going to ask me to be your date?"

He smirked too.

"Vandela Nixin Black will you do me the honour of going to the Yule Ball with me." He opened his eyes and looked up at me with puppy dog brown eyes.

I pretended to think about that.

"Hmm well although there are hundreds of boys whose little hearts will be broken if they don't get a dance with me." I joked, "I'm sure that I could go to the Yule Ball with you."

"Why thank you madam I am most honoured." He smiled and rolled his eyes.

I swatted him playfully and leaned down to kiss him.

I was so happy when I was with him and I hoped he was happy with me too.

The water in the Black Lake sparkled in the late afternoon sun; the warm evening breeze blew through my hair. Everything was perfect when I was with him, I smiled and closed my eyes too, it had been a long day and we didn’t have to be back for a few hours. I settled back into the tree and let the sounds of the lake and the breeze in the leaves drift me off to sleep.

I was back in my country house with my Mother and Father.

I never really knew my Mother she died when I was very young but in the dream she had long flowing brown hair that reached her waist, her skin was cream and her eyes looked like the sky on a clear day, with the sparkle of water.

My Father was running through the long green grass with me laughing on his shoulders. We came to a field full of red and yellow flowers, Mother was lying down in the grass, sleeping.

I laughed quietly when Father motioned for me to be quiet and we snuck up on her.

“Surprise!” He jumped out of the grass and grabbed Mother, but she didn’t move. Fathers face grew pale and he shook her shoulders. “Honey?”

She still didn’t wake up, I looked up at the sky; the clouds were grey and getting darker, and the sign of the Death Eater appeared in the clouds.

“Vandela.”

Hands gently shook my shoulder, I opened my eyes.

Remy was leaning over me, a small smile on his face and concern in his eyes.

“What time is it?” I looked around and saw the sky had grew darker.

“I don’t know but we had better.”

Remy helped me up and together we walked back to the castle. I liked Remy, he was different from all the other boys I had dated.

But even Remy can’t keep the nightmares away.’

I held his hand and rested my head in his shoulder as we walked.

“I love you.”

He kissed my head.

“I love you too.”

I smiled.