But Then I Fell Into Your Arms :,)

“Hermione? Are you coming?” I knocked on the bathroom door where Hermione was getting changed. It was the night of the Yule Ball, the castle was in a flurry, the music could be heard from anywhere on the grounds and the air buzzed with excitement. This was the only time the girls could pull of their frocks and let their hair down; even I pulled out my Mothers old black dress and heels.

While I waited for Hermione I glared at my reflection in the mirror, don’t get me wrong I like the dress just not on me I’ve never liked wearing dresses.

“Hermione?” I knocked again.

“Yep just a second.” She replied.

The door opened and Hermione came out wearing a beautiful pastel blue dress that almost reached the floor, her hair was up and looked good, as a whole she looked good.

“Wow Hermione that Victor Krum is one lucky guy.” I smiled.

I saw her cheeks go pink.

“Really? Thanks.” She looked at herself in the mirror, “You look great too Vandela.”

I smiled and shrugged.

“Shall we?”  I gestured towards the door.

Everyone looked lovely in their clothes as we walked down the stairs. Harry was standing waiting with one of the twins I can never remember her name, he saw us and I waved.

“Hey.” I looked to my left and saw Remy waiting for me.

I felt my cheeks go red and I looked down.

“Hey.” I said shyly.

He came over to me and took my hand.

“You look lovely.”

I smiled.

“Thank you.”

He led me into the Great Hall where the first dance was beginning.

When I was dancing with Remy I felt like I was floating, I giggled when Remy spun me, and when the music turned slow I leaned into him and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Vandela.”

“Yeah.”

“I’m going to get a drink I’ll be back.”

“Ok.”

I went over to the chairs and waited for Remy to come back.

Three songs had passed and he still hadn’t come back.

“Hey Nixi, you’re looking nice.”

I looked up at George and smiled.

“Thank you, don’t look too bad yourself.”    

He smiled.

“Who are you waiting for?”

“Remy said he was going to go get drinks.”

George looked stunned.

“Remy Stanley?”

“Yeah, why?”

No answer.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

Still no answer.

I got up and ran to were the drinks were being served and froze, shocked. Remy was talking to a Ravenclaw girl.

It’s no big deal, his just talking.’

His hand brush the side of her arm and he smiled.

That’s not anything to worry about.’

He leaned forward and kissed her.

Everything seemed to slow down.

I felt a tear trail down my cheek and I felt numb.

He looked at me and called to me.

I ran.

I didn’t know where I was running to, I lost my heel somewhere along the way and when I did finally stop I was in the dungeon. I leaned against the wall and slid to the floor, my tears splashed on the floor and I sobbed quietly.

Why? Why?

“Vandela?”

I looked up at the voice.

Severus came out of his office and was watching me.

“Oh hello Severus.” I tried to hide my tears and smile.

He walked towards me and sat down next to me.

“Wha-”

He put his arm around me and held me close to him.

I was too shocked to respond.

“You can cry if you want.”

I didn’t know what to do; the tears started rolling down my cheeks by themselves. I buried my face into Severus’s shoulder and cried, I felt his other arm come around me and he held me close to him. I could smell that familiar smell of potions on his clothes and smiled, even in my darkest times the smell of potions comforted me.

“Thank you Severus.” I looked at him gently. I kissed him on the cheek, as my lips lingered I could feel his cheek become hot.

I smiled at him, this time knowing it was real, it was not a dream.

And that I loved Severus Snape.