Chapter One (Jason)

I woke up, it being the first day of school, by my dad. "First day of school, son! Wake up, you need to look good for your first day." He shouted opening the blinds. "Ugh! Dad, I know! I set an alarm clock just let it-" at that moment it went off. "Like I said son, wake up." He said as he turned the alarm clock off. I grabbed some standard attire from my closet, blue jeans (Not ripped, that's a pet peeve) and a plain black shirt.

I headed for the bathroom, grabbed a drying towel and took a bath. School was so important for mom, but she passed away. Ever since dad has picked up the slack. I don't tell him that though, he might rant. I took my comb off of my part of the sink and started combing my hair. When I was done I put on my clothes and headed for the door.

"It's chilly, better wear a coat." Dad warned. "No, dad, come on! It's not even cold." I said as I checked the temperature by waving my hand outside the door. "Okay, your fault if you get a cold." Dad replied. It's funny to me how parents think that scares you. "I think I can bear that dad." I answered with a smirk. I went outside, grabbed my bike, and started for school.

I didn't want to stick out, so I walked in with a crowd of other students. I looked at my schedule and started for Homeroom when... "Oww! He-" I looked up to see who I bumped into, and saw it was a girl! A pretty girl nonetheless! I stood up and offered her my hand. "Um. Sorry, my name is-" she swatted my hand out of her way and stood up by herself.

Now I could see everything about her, she had green, soul capturing eyes, lots of brown curly hair, she was light brown, almost perfect almond, and when she stood up, she was at my neck. She smiled at me, so I decided to smile back when...

"Watch where you're going!" She said as she punched me in the arm. "Oww! Again! Sorry, but you were the one who ran into me!" I replied, rubbing my arm. "Ugh! At least be man enough to own up to it! There are no Gentleman left in the world!" She said as she grabbed one of the schedules we both dropped.

"It's not dead! Girls are just too crazy! What happened to girls who are girls? I offered you my hand!" I said as I grabbed a schedule too. "What's wrong with me being me! And if you were a gentleman, you wouldn't have ran into me!" She answered. "Running into you has nothing to do with being a gentleman!" I shouted in response.

"Ugh!" She grunted as she walked away. So much for being nice! I hope I never meet her again! Well, might as well not make anything big of it, I thought as I started for Homeroom. I had got there, picked my seat, listened to the teacher's seemingly endless speech about being on time, respect for the system, etc.

At the end of it, at last, he said... "We are gonna need the phone numbers of your parents or guardian." I knew this was gonna happen, so in prep, I put mine on the back of my schedule. When I handed mine to him he said something was wrong... "It's written write on the back right he-" It wasn't there!

"I swore that I wrote it there..." I tried to explain. "It's ok. Just get me it by the end of today." The teacher quickly replied, I guess he just wanted to go home too... or had not had his coffee. But I was sure I wrote it there. I stepped into the Hall to think.

The only time I had taken my eye of off it was when... That girl! She took my schedule! I searched the schedule for her name. Laylis! Our schedules looked Identical, I was in too much of a hurry to wonder what her last name was, I needed to find my schedule! I needed to find Laylis!