Epilogue

Hey, Jason?

Yeah, Laylis?

You know I love you, right?

Of course! I love you too.

Aspen still rolls his eyes when I say that to you. My eldest asked me if I was having an affair! They don't understand our friendship.

Yeah, tell me about it. Hailey's dad is always giving me weird looks whenever I talk about you. I would never cheat on Hailey. And I'd never do it to Rachel, she's my world.

You'd think they would be passed it by now.... Anyway, I think we owe our readers an explanation. Shall I go first or will you do the honors?

I'll do the honors, if you don't mind.

Again, of course not. Go right ahead.

After we broke up, I slid back into being Laylis's friend. And frankly, nothing changed. Much, at least. Maybe it was even better. Everything died down after it, and everyone was happier. Except Aspen. He doesn't like me. He doesn't, and do I like him... I soon realized that being with Laylis is not the same as being in her life, as the former is much more enjoyable. I let her go and she came back to me as something else, a friend I'll never forget. A friend I'll never lose.

Like almost all break-ups, it was sad. After a while though, everything got better. Aspen and I stayed together even though he graduated before me. Our relationship never changed. It was like we picked up right where we left off before he moved. Later on, we married and had three kids. The other three loves of my life.

Jason stayed single for a long time but met a wonderful women named Hailey when he began his Freshman year in college. He purposed to her on graduation day and they've lived happily ever since with their daughter Rachel.

Jason and I grew closer than we had ever been. Nothing was awkward or weird. Sometimes, we even look back and laugh at those moments in the past. So, we stayed in each other's lives and we're happy. It turned out that Aspen was the love of my life, not Jason.

In the end we realized we were never in-love. Not like we had originally thought. We just ended up being big parts in each other's un-becoming. We helped each other through things we couldn't do alone and that took love. Just not that sort of love. "When you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours forever." Jason and I came back to each other. Now, I'll never let him go.

And what did you expect? We told you it wasn't like every other love story.

****And their story comes to a close. I hope you all enjoyed. Thank you  so much for reading and I love you all for sticking around to the end. Comment below if you made it here and tell me what you thought. Lots of love -Author of Laylis****