Chapter Three

I tried to calm down, in fact in hindsight, I don't know what made me panic in the first place. I settled down and put my back to my locker. Ways to find Laylis, I thought... I started to analyze the schedule, and she just got out of Spanish II. She might still be there, I thought. Deep inside, I had this feeling of joy. Maybe this was for the better I thought, and put a small smile on my face.

That smile lasted until my brain reminded me of her punching me... in slow - mo about five times. Yeah, I can just imagine what that hothead will do when I tell her she has the wrong schedule. I had decided I'd head for her next class, Algebra, which I think we shared, so it was like killing two birds with one stone. I love it when life works out like that.

Just as I started to head for math, my phone rang. The number was 'Unknown', and in the current situation I did not have the time to answer anyone unknown. They probably just got the wrong phone number. So I did not answer it. In about five minutes I had navigated my way to math.

Just in time, as the class had just started, I was told to pick a seat, or at least take one. And low and behold, the only seat left was in the middle of class near the hothead. I took my seat as she gave me a nasty stare down. "Hey! You have my schedule. You picked up the wrong one." I whispered. "Why didn't you answer your phone?" She asked, not whispering.

"Do you call strangers?" I asked her, not whispering either. "Sorry, I thought you would be smart enough to know who would call you!" She replied, a little bit louder than usual. "You know someone else who calls my home phone? Toll free! And I don't answer them!" I stated, maybe a little louder.

It seemed the teacher told us to be quiet because then he walked over to our desks and caught our attention in a frustrated way. "Since you two are so chatty, You'll have to switch seats!" He demanded. "Thank you! Thank you so much! I can't stand her!" I said in the happiest tone I could make. "No picnic on my end either." She replied.

I grabbed my stuff and got up, waiting to see who wanted to switch seats with me when... "Wait" he said, I could see by his facial features and expression he was thinking. "You two can sit with each other." "No!" Me and her said In unison. "I'm not done speaking yet," he warned. "But if you two keep disrupting class, you'll get detention." He said with a smirk. Ugh! He must feel so content with himself.

For the rest of the class I acted as if she wasn't there, and at the end of class I walked up to her to get my schedule. "Can you please just give me my schedule?" I begged. "Here, take it." She said as she shoved it on me. "Thanks for humiliating me in front of the whole class." She said with one of her smiles. I'm starting to think that is her way of not completely losing it.

She walked away, we both had our schedules and both never wanted to speak to each other again. So much for going unnoticed this school year. I didn't know if she was aware of it, but know what was left was to survive the rest of the day... without letting her ruin it.

****Author of Jason and author of Laylis here. We hope you're enjoying our story! Tell us what you think!****