Chapter Nine

Well, is it good that I say that turned out better than I thought? I did live, and I got her phone number... But the big question is still unanswered. Are we friends? Well, as far as getting advice... Parents, not good. Friends, we have none. Relatives, I don't have any, plus if she has some, I don't need them exploding on me too. But I do know some people who could help me...

Well, back to the corner I go. I had a lot to think about. "Even if I don't like being one" What does that mean? Well, let's think. Time to call on Jason 1 and Jason 2. They are my Corner of Wisdom - based relatives. It's not like I came up with them because I'm secretly lonely...

After about 5 minutes, I entered myself... If that makes sense. J1 and J2 were there waiting. "Ok, ideas." I asked. "Well, she could be emo. Or Gothic. Or something of the sort." Said J1. He wore an open leather jacket, black jeans, black shirt, and had a keychain from his pocket to his neighboring pocket.

It's not like I think about or fantasize about bikers.... "I don't think so. She doesn't look like it." Said J2. He wore a bright blue and white striped shirt with light tan shorts to his knee. To me, he looked ridiculous, but why say it. My mom dressed me that way, plus I can bear it if it covers the knee. And if you have been following, he is in my head, he knows.

"Yeah, she's not any of those." I said. "Yeah, seems like she just doesn't like things about people, not life." J3 explained. "Well, well, look who's here." said J1. J3 is a rare occurrence, it's like sometimes he decides to leave and come back. He wears a dark blue and black striped shirt, and grey jeans. He wore glasses and a scarf.

So, if you want to sum it up:

J1: Cool me.

J2: Kid me.

J3: Smart me.

Together we create the Corner of Wisdom exclusive Jason! "It would seem that, well maybe, she doesn't like people, or at least, maybe, how they act." "How long did it take for you to think that up?" J1 replied. "Hey! Don't fight." J2 said, trying to create the "Calm down" gesture with his arms and hands.

"What I'm saying, before I was interrupted by this leathered fool was-" "Who are you calling a fool, nerd!" "Hey, settle down! I want to hear this." Best thing about having relatives in your head; you can dismiss them and control them however you want, but it's not like I'm some power - crazed dictator in there, I just exercise my powers sometimes...

"Maybe she doesn't like how people act. Some are foolish. Some make bad choices. Some just are wrong. And if you think about it, the human race is futile. We have been given a great planet, and what do we do? Make animals go extinct, pollute the world, even kill each other for green fabric or shiny stones! Just the way we waste our po-" "Okay, I get the idea, we suck."

"Ha! He told you to shut up! Haha!" "Hey! What did I say?" "Okay..." I looked over to see J2, and the poor guy, he was in the fetal position. I think I've never saw myself do that till now. "Dude, what is it?" Asked J1, he must have noticed where I was looking. "J3 said that we were futile, and that we are just ruining the world... are we gonna die out like the extinct animals?" J2 answered, crying.

"Well, I say screw the world! Heck! Screw humanity! The only person I need is me, myself, and I!" J1 responded, bursting into laughter after he finished. J2 was still crying, poor guy... Was I really ever like that? "Well, you, yourself, and Jason. Without him you wouldn't exist." J3 said, with a satisfied smirk.

"Okay, back on topic. I'm gonna go with that, J3. Well, what should we do next?" I asked. "Dude, screw her, she ain't worth the trouble. Trust me, I had this one girlfrie-" "Story time is reserved for later, J1." J3 said, me and him bursted into laughter and J1 blushed. "Yay! Storytime!" J2 said. We all stopped what we were doing and stared at J2. The weirdest thing about him, he was my size, but acted like he was 5 or 6.

"Ok, nevermind." J2 replied. "Well, staying on topic," J3 said, still content from his "Storytime" comment "Her mom told you to make the first move, plus she gave you her phone number, it's about time we put two and two together, gents." Well, I could tell him to settle down, but I'll let him get away with that one. He did make a good point.

"Okay, I'll do it." "Dude, you're gonna regret it..." J1 warned. "I'll be fine, what's the worst that could happen?" I replied. "Do you want me to remind you?" J1, 2, and 3 said in unison. "Okay, wish me luck." "I will!" J2 replied happily. Atleast he had some faith in me.

I exited myself, grabbed my phone, and then sat it down again. Do I really have the nerve? Well, after being called a creepy and rude baby, my dad's questions, experiencing Laylis's mom, and drinking that Very Berry smoothie, I had had it. No confidence left for Laylis and her antics. I didn't even have enough for my own!

I think enough has happened to me for a day, maybe tomorrow, or after that, or until I have enough confidence. I waited for tomorrow, said hi to her in math, asked her how her day was, and she said fine, then walked away. Today though, I didn't say hi to her, I (think I) have enough confidence to call her today.

Even though J1's words echoed in my head. I dialed her number. "Who is it?" She asks. "It's me, Jason." I answer. "Ugh. What do you want?" Geez! There goes that echo again... "I think I know what you mean." "About what?" "About not liking being a person." "Hmm. What did you come up with?"

Well, she didn't sound too mean, just genuinely interested. "Well, I think you don't like people because of all the bad we are capable of doing." "Why?" "Why what?" "Why do you keep messing with me? I wish you would just leave me alone." "No what, Stop!"

I was sick of it! Every time I talked to her she would try to blow me off! She wants me to talk to her but when I do she tries to avoid me?! I'd had it with these dumb games, it was time to get really honest.

"Every time! Every single time! I try to speak to you, you say you don't want me around, but then you want me to speak to you again? Get real! Laylis! Make up your mind! I'm sick of playing these games! How do you feel? I really like you and want to know more about you! But you keep rejecting me! Gosh! Ugh!"

"You like me?" Uhh... I guess I was too honest. There goes my rage. "Make up your mind!" I said then hanged up. Yikes. Well, one thing was successful, the ball was in her court, but now, I have a bigger problem. Do I like Laylis?