The Alphas Possession - Chapter Six

The Alphas Possession. Chapter 06 - Flashback

There is a use of swear words/mature language in this chapter.

Cheryl

I wake up in an obviously very bright room which I assumed was a medical room. "Cheryl! Are you awake?" I cringe at Dreen's screaming in my ear. "No, I'm dead," I mutter before waking up, my head throbbing. "What happened?" I place a hand on my head which had an icepack on it, I looked around the room which was filled with medical stuff and a nurse (who I'm assuming was the school nurse) who was sitting at a desk typing away.

"Ah, Cheryl you have finally awoken. Didn't know somebody could sleep for 2 days straight." The nurse moved the curtain to the side and looked down at me, smirking. Wait, what did she say? 2 days? "2 days straight?" I sit up and ask, the nurse propping the pillow behind my back. "Just kidding sweetheart, just a few minutes. Luckily Dreen was around the corner to find you." I look up at Dreen who is looking down at the ground in guilt. "Chin up Dreen, I'm fine." He looks up, smirking his mood switched upside down.

I did the math in my head meaning if I had fainted or whatever during lunch break and the nurse said I was asleep for a few minutes it might still be lunch. Damn, I had hoped I missed out on some of my lessons.

The nurse goes to talk to Dreen which leaves me by myself, I look out the window and see that strange man from earlier on. Is this guy even a student or teacher here? I slowly get up from the bed to the window, opening it with the little strength I had and was about to call out to the man but he had gone instead I was greeted by the sight of Royalty who was glaring at me. I honestly dunno why this girl dislikes me.

"CHERYL!" Valerie screams in Royalty ear, pushing her to the ground as Valerie stood where Royalty was before. "Are you okay?!" She shouts up and I nod giving her a thumbs up. "You should come up here instead of screaming like a lunatic!" I shout back laughing at the stares she was receiving from passersby. She smiles aaaaand she's gone out of my sight, probably running all the way up here. I go back onto the bed, closing my eyes for a short time only for my thoughts to be engulfed by darkness.

"Celest!" I shout out to my older sister who runs up to me taking me in her arms and covering my mouth with her hand. "Cheryl, I'll explain later but for now shush." She whispered to me in a rushed tone, we were currently in the forest near our house when shots were fired. Celeste grabbed my arm and started running, twisting and turning through the thin and thick trees and it seemed to me as if she was leading me somewhere. We finally came to a halt and Cel told to me stay on the ground as she searched around for something, she must have found it because a ladder fell from a tree. "Cheryl go up! I'll come back soon, I promise." She hugged me tightly, helping me get up. "Pull the ladder when you get up so nobody sees it!" She shouted to me before running away, leaving me by myself. At this point I was absolutely fed up, Celeste didn't even explain to me what was happening. I was so lost. And hungry. Very hungry.

I stood up wary that the treehouse could snap at any minute and explored around. This place was pretty nice even though Cel had abandoned it. BANG. BANG. I freeze in my tracks, my very hungry self no longer hungry. "What was that?" I mutter to myself, dropping the ladder onto the ground which I climbed down and ran towards the sound of gunshots. "Cel? Cel, where are you? CEL?!" I scream, running around the forest, branches hitting me in the face nonetheless I kept running. I tripped over a small ditch and fell onto the ground, literally fell. I face planted the ground and looked up slowly to see the culprit of the noise. Gulp. Guns that looks like the ones Dad keeps in the basement and...

Celeste.

I placed my head down, afraid to look up. Celeste looked badly hurt by those men who were holding the guns and I couldn't do anything about it. "Just shoot her, what benefit does it do us having monsters living with us," A man with a deep voice said. "Exactly, you're worse than scum, pretending you're one of us makes me sick," A man with a higher pitched voice said. "Next it will be your sister," A man with the deepest voice laughed out, pointing his gun at my sisters head. My vision at the point was blurry and I couldn't stop the tears from coming out. Celeste looked up at the sky and smiled before looking down and catching my eye. "Kill me, spare my family my sister still has school and a life ahead of her but me? I'm already done for." She smiled her famous smile before the bullet went through her head. "Bullshit." The men said before walking away.

I got up from my spot after I knew the men had gone away and ran over to Cel, I fell ontop of her my tears falling onto her torso. "Mum... Dad!" I screamed, trying to pick up Celeste in my arms which failed so I placed her on my back, running through the forest trying to find an exit. I kept shouting my parent's names until I found the main road which I could navigate back to my house. I had received stares from strangers but that didn't stop me, I ran all the way home, but collapsed on the path outside our front door. "MUM! DAD!" I cried out before passing out with my already dead sister.

"Cheryl, are you okay?" Valerie places a hand on my forehead and a hand on hers, "Your temperature isn't okay, let me call the nurse." I was awake, I had relived the nightmare that still haunted me to this very day. "You're right Valerie, Cheryl you're coming down with a fever. You have to go home and rest, let me call your guardian to pick you up." I sighed, turning the opposite direction of Valerie and the nurse staying wide awake.

<><><>

A/N That's Cheryl's older sisters death but not in detail :P more flashbacks to come!