Three Weeks in Three Days(Part One)

Patiently you stood by your car, watching an incoming airship with the hope that it was carrying the one person in all of Remnant you were looking for. Immediately you took out your scroll to let her know where to find you once she got out. With that done you opened the back seat of the car and inspected all the items you had placed there early, making sure they were still present. A change of clothes, toiletries, junk food, disposable barbecue, all present and accounted for, as they had been for the last couple of times you checked on them.

She couldn't come fast enough.

The last time you saw Yang was three weeks ago, when you had invited her over for dinner. The weekend after when you were meant to meet up, you had caught mild food poisoning and had to cancel. After that Yang was unable to meet up for the next two weeks, having to train for the Vytal festival which would start the week after next.

Originally you thought that it would be a while before this weekend would happen, but now that your parents knew about Yang you were to make it happen much sooner. You planned it to take place after the Vytal festival, but three weeks of not seeing your girlfriend made you decide to move it up. Yang had no idea where you were taking her and probably assumed she was just staying at your house for the weekend. After all, the only thing you told her was to pack a few essentials for the weekend and you'll meet her once she's off the airship.

When you looked back around you spotted her approaching. Immediately you noticed she wasn't her normal self, looking exhausted and irritated. She did perk up however when she noticed that you were looking at her, picking up her pace as she walked towards. After reaching you she threw herself into your embrace, making you fall back against the car.

"Hey." she greeted weakly.

"Everything alright?"

"Just tired. That's all."

"Lets get going then." you suggested, taking her bag from her and placing it in the backseat.

"What's with the stuff in the back? Are we going somewhere." Yang asked as she got in the passenger seat.

"We are. But don't bother asking. It's a surprise."

You reached into the backseat and pulled out your jacket.

"Here." you said handing it to her. "It's a two hour drive to where we're going so if you wanna get some sleep on the way then use this to rest your head on."

"Thanks." she smiled, accepting the jacket and turning it into a makeshift pillow. "I just want to get out of here."

"Couldn't agree with you more." you replied and started up the car. Soon enough you were out on the road. Yang fell asleep shortly afterwards, leaving you with just the radio playing to make the time pass. Occasionally you heard her breathing or saw her moving slightly from the corner of your eye.

The thought of spending the weekend alone with her was enough to brighten you up and get you through the journey. You had spent the last couple of weeks working almost nonstop so you could make this weekend happen. Not seeing Yang for so long was unfortunate and at times frustrating when you found yourself practically craving her presence. You wondered if she felt the same way you did. You assumed from her attitude and the way she threw herself into your embrace earlier that she hasn't been having the best of days, maybe even weeks.

Whatever the reason, you hoped that this weekend would be what she needed.

Finally you reached your destination and immediately you got out to stretch your legs once you parked the car. You then reached in and nudged Yang gently. While she yawned and stretched her arms, you went over to her side and opened the door for her.