What Little Pleasures

Mountain Glenn wasn't a pleasant place to be during the day, that went without saying. Staying there during the night was worse. After what was already a tiring day of fighting Grimm, to top it off by sleeping out in an abandoned building while monsters were prowling the streets; Yang knew there were much better ways she could be spending her time. But, as her overly enthusiastic teacher had said earlier, this was the life she chose. She also knew it could be worse. The comforting warmth of the fire, her sister and friends, it wasn't all bad; and even if her two teammates were already falling asleep, her sister too preoccupied with keeping watch, and she couldn't get to sleep, there was still something pleasant on her mind to keep her spirits up.

She had something to look forward to when this was all over. His number was on her scroll, all it would take is one call; heck if there was any reception she would've sent him a message.

"What are you grinning about?" Weiss groaned.

"Thought you were asleep." Yang responded.

"How's anybody supposed to get some sleep out here?" the heiress complained.

"Doesn't seem to be a problem for others." Yang replied while gesturing to their Faunus teammate who was fast asleep with her arms and legs tucked in and her head and neck curled.

"You still haven't answered the question. I never see you smile like that unless your about to fight or they're serving burgers in the cafeteria."

"What can I say? I'm just in a good mood."

"Not just that. I think your cheeks were redder than your sisters cape. You're thinking about someone aren't you?"

"You caught me." Yang responded nonchalantly, not denying her teammates' inquiry .

"Is it that boy you were with at the dance?"

"I got his number before we left."

"And you're gonna ask him out?"

There was a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Well he doesn't have my number so there's no way he can do it. Even if he did, I think he'd be too nervous to ask me out himself."

"It's not that, I just think it's odd. He's not a huntsman in training like us, didn't he say he worked in his parents shop?"

Yang nodded.

"Is there anything wrong with?"

"No. But what you said earlier, how you want the adventure of being a huntress. I would assume your ideal boyfriend would be just as gung-ho and bold as you are. He doesn't really seem to be that type."

"Well he said he wanted to be a huntsman but had to drop out of combat school because he couldn't afford it. Wasn't what I was expecting."

"What do you mean?"

"Ivan always talked about him and all the trouble they used to get up to, he also mentioned that he dropped out. From that I just assumed he was just a lazy troublemaker who gave up easily. Then meeting him in person, I saw someone different."

"But why him?" Weiss questioned. "You're a popular girl, one could easily have her pick of the litter. Boys must be lining up to date you."

"Why not? He's cute, he was a real gentleman to me once he got more comfortable, he's not loud and obnoxious like I thought he would be, I bet he could give me a real good dicking if I needed it..."

"Yang." Weiss snickered. "Don't be so crude."

"Just saying." Yang chuckled.

"Don't you think you might be rushing into this? I know technically you've already had one date. But I thought it was you wanting to have some fun."