Three Weeks in Three Days(Part Two)

The first thing to strike you after waking up was the absence of a blanket, save for a tiny fraction covering your lower leg. The warmth you had felt going to sleep the previous night had all but disappeared, replaced by the cool morning air that seeped in through an open window. Reaching out with your hand in an attempt to search for the missing blanket, only for it to meet with something else. It took you a second to process and come to the conclusion that you were touching Yang's shoulder.

When you moved around you saw that the blanket barely covered her as well, with just the lower part of her body covered while the rest of the blanket seemed to be falling off the bed. Your first instinct was to pull it back up, making sure that it's warmth would cover you both, and put your arm around her, the same way she put it around herself before going to sleep. Almost immediately she rolled over, allowing you to see her sleeping face, complete with a look of pure bliss; undoubtedly the most pleasant sight you've ever woken up to.

However, you also couldn't help but start snickering upon seeing how messy her hair had gotten during the night.

"What's so funny?" Yang groaned.

"Good morning." you greeted.

"Finally up?"

"I was up well before you." you claimed.

"Then who opened the window?"

"I thought you left that open last night."

"Nope. I was up about an hour ago, and opened it cause I was getting too warm."

Her arms wrapped around your neck and she moved her head from the pillow to your chest.

"So; anything you wanna do today?" you asked.

"Let's just stay in bed all day." she replied with a relaxed groan, snuggling into you.

The sound of her scroll going off caught the attention of both of you. Taking the scroll, Yang looked at it to see who was trying to contact her briefly before ignoring it and bringing her head back to its previous resting spot on your chest.

"Not gonna answer it?" you asked.

"It's just Ruby. She was tried to call me a bunch of times yesterday. I'm sure if it was something important she'd have someone else try to call me."

You placed your hand on the back of her head. Your fingers began to unwittingly start fidgeting with her messy hair.

"You know, if anyone else was doing that I'd probably break their fingers." she remarked, her voice still relaxed and her face still resting in your chest.

"But as your boyfriend I get a free pass?"

"You could say that. But it's mostly because you have magic fingers." she joked. One of her hands reached out and removed yours from her hair, her thumb stroking it softly. "And I wouldn't want something like that to happen to them."

You chuckled at her comments.

"This is so much better than last the time." Yang muttered.

"The last time?"

You pondered what she meant by that. The first guess you made was that she was on about sleeping together, but as far as you understood this was your first time. Until you realised it wasn't. You had shared a bed with her back in Beacon and upon that realisation a flood of guilt washed over you.

You had passed out and by the time you woke up you were the only person in the bed, meaning that you couldn't remember sleeping in the bed with her. Something that should have been an intimate moment in your relationship instead turned into what you could only assume to be an awkward and uncomfortable night, with her trying to make sure that your unconscious body didn't fall out of the one person bed.