Countdown in: 1

In an instant all the spectators went from cheering to erupting into an uproar.

Ruby, Weiss and Blake looked at the scene horrified at what had just unfolded.

And your mind raced a mile a minute while you tried to make sense of what just happened.

You refused to believe that Yang would just attack someone without provocation, but what you had just seen said otherwise.

Yet her face told a different story. Even from where you sat in the stands you could see how confused and frightened she looked as the monitors in the arena replayed the moment over and over. Just seeing that look on her face, like a child after realising what they just did was wrong, was soul crushing, especially on Yang of all people.

Perhaps the worst thing about it all was the conflicting feelings you were having. The person who the crowd was jeering and booing at was not the outgoing, funny, affectionate person you had spent countless hours and had fallen in love with. You could say with one hundred percent confidence that Yang was not the type of person that would attack someone out of the blue; but you had just witnessed that very thing happen with your own eyes.

Security personnel were quick to respond, surrounding her shortly after the situation.

"What the hell are they doing!?" you shouted as you stood up. "Why are they pointing guns at her!?"

"(Y/n) calm down." Ivan advised. You didn't listen to him, instead opting to jump into the arena. "(Y/n!)"

It didn't matter how you looked to everyone else. You didn't even take a second to glance at any of the monitors showcasing your mad dash to reach your girlfriend, with your best friend trailing behind you. As you reached closer one of the Atlesian Knights turned around and aimed its gun at you, one of the soldiers following immediately after.

"Sir, I have to ask you to step back." he ordered.

"Or what? You're gonna shoot a civilian?"

"Step back now!"

"Tell them to put down their weapons now you..."

From behind someone grabbed you and began dragging you back.

"Ivan let go!" you yelled.

"You're going to get yourself hurt." your friend rebuked.

You twisted and contorted in a futile attempt to escape your friends hold. Throughout the whole thing you were looking at Yang's despairing face, which only motivated you to fight back against Ivan's grasp.

"I really don't want to do this." Ivan said, putting a hand to your stomach. He fired a small shockwave into your gut, which felt like being hit with a strong punch, winding you in the process and allowing Ivan to drag you away without you putting up any resistance.

He finally stopped once he had dragged you out.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" you shouted once you recovered your breath.

"You were acting stupid!" he reprimanded. You shook off his words and attempted to run back in, getting stopped by him once again.

"I can't leave her like that."

"You're not gonna do her any favours acting like that. Do you really think she'd want to see you get hurt on top of everything that's happening right now?"

You both took a glance at a nearby TV. It showed Yang being escorted away.

"I should be with her." you said.