Countdown in:3

After a week that went by rather quickly, save for the last day or two which dragged on almost painfully slow, the Vytal festival had begun. Ivan and his team were among the first matches of the day. After they had won their match there was still several more before Yang had her. By the time Yang's match was over you wanted nothing more than to leave and congratulate her, and by extension her team, over a well-earned victory. Watching her fight for the first time was truly a spectacle to behold, and seeing her enjoy every moment of it made you smile knowing that she had sorted things out with her sister. What didn't make you smile was having to wait to see her. The seat you got was located high up in the stands, which was a pain to get to and almost resulted in you missing Ivan and his teams match. Yang had told you that both her team and team DINO would be watching team JNPRs match, which took place a couple matches after her own, along with another team which you were unfamiliar yet. You opted to stay in your seat until they left the colosseum for the day, not wanting to wait around the fairgrounds alone or go through the hassle of going down and back up more than once.

Fortunately you didn't have to stay as long as you thought. Ivan sent you a message saying he'd be leaving after JNPRs match, giving you the opportunity to leave earlier. You grabbed your backpack and ran down to greet him.

"Good job on winning earlier." you congratulated your friend.

"Thanks." he yawned. "I can't wait til this is over though."

"Tired of it already?"

"No." he replied, letting off a heavier yawn. "The time leading up to this has been... exhausting."

"Meaning?"

"Deena."

"I need a bit more than that."

"I'm not gonna tell you more than that."

"Oh I think I get it now." you smirked.

"Not like that!" Ivan said defensively.

"Do you both make Owen and Nima leave the room for a while or do you have a secret place for it." you joked.

"I'd kill you right now if I wasn't saving my strength for tomorrow."

You wandered around the fairground with Ivan while waiting for everyone. You scanned each stall to see if there was anything there you could do with Yang, or if there was a place where you could win something for her. A quick glance at a TV in one of the stalls showed that the match Yang was watching had ended.

"Please get here quickly." you muttered impatiently.

"Getting withdrawal symptoms from not sucking face with her?" Ivan remarked. "I thought your weekend away with would've been enough to hold you over."

"Alas my dear friend one week is far too long to be away from my beloved golden haired angel." You replied, putting on an over the top act to mess with your friend.

"Don't ever talk like that again. Please."

"Well you're not the only one who has something to look forward when this is all over." you muttered to yourself, this time Ivan didn't hear.

"Soooo..." Ivan began. "... what did you two get up to while you were away."

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Yes please."

"Not a chance bud."

"You're no fun."

Any further attempts by your friend to extract just the tiniest bit of information from you were met with a no from you. Eventually you spotted Yang and her team walking around with Ivan's' team. You called out for her, only for it to be drowned out by the commotion of the fairground. You attempted to call her again but to no avail. You went after her and tapped her on the shoulder once you caught up. Before you could say anything to her she jumped into your arms and smashed her lips into yours, almost making you fall over while she kissed you with a surprising amount of energy, even for her.