Three Weeks in Three Days (Part Three)

When you arrived at the event with Yang immediately you felt immediately put off once you saw the large crowd of people. While it was expected that there would be a crowd, mostly families from the looks of it, there. Based on previous events you had gone to in the town years ago, you weren't expecting half as many people to be there.

Despite possibly being overcrowded, it did look impressive. A stage was set up for a band, that was already playing when you arrived, alongside a large dancefloor which overlooked the lake. Nearby was a vast assortment of tables lined with food, allowing attendants to choose as they will, as well as a place for people to sit down. By sheer luck you managed to find a spot for yourselves after getting your food and wading through the large crowd so as not to drop either of your plates.

"Bit too family friendly for the two us huh?" you remarked as several small kids ran past your table.

"At least the food's good." Yang replied.

"I just had to suggest coming here."

"Don't put yourself down over it." your girlfriend reassured. "We can just leave after we finish dinner if you want."

"If you want to."

"We're always doing the things I want. You know that if there's somewhere you want to go or if you're not enjoying something, all you have to do is tell me?"

"I know." you responded. "But is too corny to say that it doesn't matter where we go as long I'm with you."

Yang chuckled at your response.

"It is..." she began.

"I figured."

"... but it's also sweet of you."

"How'd I get so lucky have her in my life?" you muttered to yourself.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just talking to myself. Are you sure there's nothing here you wanna do?"

"Nothing we can't do back at the house."

You finished dinner quickly and left without any hesitation, cursing yourself over what turned out to be a disappointing evening. It was one of those few times where you made the suggestion on where to go for a date and all it did was prove to be a low point on a weekend that had been going great so far. Yang easily noticed your disappointment on the drive back.

"I thought you weren't gonna beat yourself up over it." Yang reminded you, sounding slightly more stern than usual.

"We barely even left for an hour." you complained while dropping down onto the couch.

"Why does that matter?" she asked while standing in front of you the same way a parent might face a child they were about to scold.

"Because I wanted to take you on a great night out and now we're back here."

"So what? I thought the whole point of this weekend was just for us to be alone together."

"It is."

"Then what's the problem if one date isn't all that good? We have an entire weekend to ourselves here, something that you made happen."

"And you deserve so much more."

You could've sworn you saw Yang jump the slightest bit when you almost shouted that out, although it was probably just your imagination. It could be assumed she was taken aback by you raising your voice, given the moments silence where you both awkwardly stared at one another. There was probably no way you could convince her to just drop it so you figured it would be best to tell her and avoid any conversation where you'd go back and forth before finally relenting and telling her anyway.