Baking Challenge: Part 1

Meiko POV

"The task is.." the host said.

The judges and myself looked at each other and nodded. Alice was the one who said it. "You all are making a wedding cake."

Akaashi backed her up. "The winner will get 11,000 yen." I then said. "And your wedding cake will be used for the wedding of Momoi Daichi and Katsuki Hanzo." Those two are retired patisserie. The story is quite long so I'll save it for another time.

The host then said. "You have one hour to sketch. Then you'll have 2 hours of prep work. Tomorrow you will have 3 hours for finishing touches."

The host then pointed somewhere and said. "We have a mentor for you all!" I looked where he was pointing at, and my eyes widened. "Masa Oshiro!"

Our eyes met then quickly looked away. Akaashi noticed. "Hnn. Princess isn't getting along with her prince I see." I sighed and flicked his hand. "Ow!" Alice was giggling and so was I.

The sketching started. Masa was walking around the students and they asked for help.

"Oshiro-Sensei, to determine the length and width of this cake, do I use this?" He looked at the piece of paper then nodded. "Yes, but don't add too much sugar or too much egg. It'll give the batter a weird taste." He nodded then went back to work.

Hinata was struggling. Wedding cakes aren't exactly deep fried food. So it was obvious it was out of her comfort zone.

"If I use this much creme.. would it have an effect on the presentation?" She asked Masa. He looked at her paper. "....What is that?" He asked. She blushed. "I-It's suppose to be a wedding cake..!" He tilted his head. "Where are the layers?" He asked as she blushed. "I-I don't know if I should make the layers different flavors."

Masa thought about it. "That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think the different flavors should be on the inside and not the outside." He said. Hinata's face lit up. "Oshiro-Sensei, what if I make three different fillings deep fried on the inside and the outside smooth and white?" He nodded. "Whatever fits your imagination." He then left and started walking around again.

She then started smiling again as if she regained her confidence. I just watched as the judges then began an interesting conversation.

"Himuro-San. What about that engagement with Masa-San?" Alice asked as Akaashi scoffed. "Himuro-San doesn't need Masa." I sighed. "Alice-SAN. Akaashi-San." I said as they sighed.

"If this is something you were forced or bought into doing, I don't think you should do." Alice said as Akaashi nodded. "You two might have some deep history and you might feel a lot of pressure since his father is the prime minister, but you should do what your heart tells you."

"Is that what you told your 8 girlfriends yesterday?" Alice asked. I gulped as Akaashi gave her the dirtiest look ever. "Anyways." He said. "You should do what your heart tells you." I nodded. "Just because he's nice and he has some extremely good looks." I stared at him.

He coughed. "He means." Alice continued for him. "You're with him because you feel in-debt to him.." I gasped and looked down. Was that really..

"He brought you out of the dark and helped you get a good patisserie career. And people would start saying, 'you two would make the perfect couple!' And stuff. You feel like you owe him."

My eyes widened. ".. Maybe that is true.." I said as she sighed. "Don't think you owe him anything." She said as I nodded.

Once the sketching was done, they started doing prep work. The host smirked.