21

Chloe's POV.

I finished locking up the shop and then turned around and smiled at mark. "Can we stop at my place, i just need a change of clothes", I say to mark and he agreed.

My clothes were a mess as they have been stained by coffee and cake frosting that a little girl accidentally dropped on my clothes, but mark outfit was just fine as he brought spare casual clothes .

Soon we reached my house and I quickly got out of the car and changed. I Stared at my outfit in the mirror and regarded my outfit with satisfaction. I wore a black blouse with yellow pants and black sneakers with a yellow scarf hanging on my next and I managed to grab a black jacket in case it got chilly.

"You look beautiful", mark says to me and I felt heat rise in my cheeks. "Thanks mark now let's hurry up and leave", I say to Mark and he nods and even opened the car door for me to get in.  The carnival was of course beautiful as always. I looked like a giddy schoolgirl as I tried to look at all the rides at once. "Let's ride the Ferris wheel", I say to mark and then he leads me there and after paying the guy money we were allowed on the ride. The Ferris wheel spined and as we got to the top, my breath caught at the breathtaking view.

"This is so beautiful", I say to Mark and he just smiled. Soon we were let off the ride and then I practically dragged mark to ride the rollercoaster. "I'm having so much fun", I say to mark. "I want to ride that one", I point to a ride and we were about to move towards it when we heard an all too familiar feminine voice.

"What a lovely surprise, fancy seeing you here Chloe", Natasha says and me and mark turned around, a forced smile on both our faces. "Hi Natasha", I say to her and then risked a glance at Nicholas completely surprised and feeling a little uneasy as he puts on a poker face.  that together", "were just going to head to that little fast food over there, come with us", she says to me. "No thanks were good", mark says to her but she just shook her head. "I won't take no for an answer", she says to us and I just inwardly sigh and agreed. "We'll love to go", I say to her and her face just lit up.

The air in the restaurant was hard with every in  drawn breath and we waited for our orders in tense silence. Our sitting arrangement made me feel uneasy as me and Nicholas are on one side of the seat and mark and Natasha were on the other side. I could feel the body heat radiating off Nicholas and it made my body tense. I was relieved when the waiter finally brought our order but couldn't bring my self to eat. None of us could. "I'm having a party this weekend, its my birthday, a masked party and I'll love for you too to come", Natasha says to me and we had no choice than to agree. "We'll leave now", I say to Natasha and then me and mark exited the restaurant.

Nicholas's POV.

"Nicholas are you okay?", Chloe says to me and my eyes just snapped up to hers. "Their dating", I say through gritted teeth and Natasha just look at me. "I thought you were okay with it", she says to me and I just stare at her.

"Forget what I said before, Chloe is mine and no one will have her but me!", I say to Natasha and was satisfied when she broke in to a smile.

******************************
I'm back!. Sorry for not updating, I've been busy and it has really taken a toll on me as I don't get the time to write constantly as I had been doing.

Hope you liked the chapter

Vote. Comment. Share. Thanks