49

Jasmine's POV.
I sat on a creamed coloured love seat and drank a cappuccino while reading a horror novel as soft jazzy music played in the background. I was about to flip to the next page when my alone time was interrupted by a knock on the door. I sighed and placed the book down with a bang. "come in", I stated and Rico, my spy that I planted in Nicholas's house appeared.

"Rico, I hope you have good news for me", I asked while smiling. He looked at me and reached into his pockets and handed me a file. I thanked him and he bowed before he left. Apparently Rico hasn't talked since his fifth birthday, where he witnessed the killing of his entire family by a rival gang. I'm still patiently waiting for him to talk because I do have a soft spot for him though I will never admit it to him. I feel like he's like my son and I'd do anything to protect him. I love him but only as a mother her child. I sighed and opened the document. There was a few paper and pictures. my eyes quickly snapped to the one were Nicholas was outside of Chloe's house. I stood up fast and looked at the picture in fear. I looked at the other picture and the next one was of Chloe dragging Nicholas into the house. my face paled and I quickly ran out of my house and soon I was in my car on the way to Chloe's house.

I arrived there and could feel my heart thudding as I knocked on the door. I knocked louder when no one answered. Soon the door opened and Chloe emerged "what are you doing here?", she asked me and I just smiled "I just wanted to check on you. Are you okay?,", I asked her looking at her face to see if she had spilled the beans but judging by the dark circles under her eyes. I knew that nothing happened. "I'm fine just a little tired, now if you don't mind. I'd like to sleep now", she stated again slammed the door not waiting for my reply. I scoffed at how rude she was and matched down to my car. I entered and smirked which later faltered. How did Nicholas get here if he always take his medicine constantly?. I'd have to find out.

2 days later.
Nicholas's POV.
I stared at the documents sent to  me via my private investigator. o quickly opened it. and the first thing I saw were pictures. i opened it up and stared at the pictures shocked. if I not mistaken the pictures showed jasmine. I flipped to another one and there she was in front of that woman's house, the other one was of the door opening but I could only see a blond haired girl but her face was not familiar and jasmine was definitely talking to her. i looked at the pictures again and nodded. there was something strange about jasmine.

With this suspicion in mind. without anybody noticing i installed a camera in my bedroom lights so that it will monitor who goes in or out and then placed the documents in my cupboard. I sighed as I thought of the picture again. That was definitely not the woman that treated me. Who was she and why are there protecting her.

After that I switched off the camera on my phone and went to have my bath. After I was done dressing and exiting the room, I switched it back on. feeling the need to be alone, I drove to my secret house and just crashed in bed watching the camera on my phone.

The first person to enter was my maid and all she did was change the sheets and left, the next person was my mom and she was calling out for me. Few minutes later jasmine walked in and I turned on the volume "Nicholas?", she called and when she got no answer she checked around. She walked towards the dressing table and picked up my medicine. she looked and snarled when she saw that I hadn't drank it. Next she looked at the cupboard and tried it but it was locked. When she did next shocked me. she took out her hair pin and picked the locks until we both heard a click. She opened the door and I saw shock run over her face as she picked up the jar packed with the medicine that was given to me in which I didn't take. she screeched in anger and kicked the cupboard making the document containing the pictures. she picked it up and was about to open it with my maid interrupted her. She just faked a smile and quickly put everything back in the cupboard. "do you know where Nicholas is?", she asked my maid who in turn shook her head. After that little scene she left and I sighed. seeing Jasmine's reactions to the drugs, i i know something is definitely wrong and I don't want her to see the picture. not yet at least.

*****************************
A mental battle between jasmine and Nicholas. who do you think will come out on top

A- Jasmine

B-  Nicholas

comment your thoughts.

sorry for the late update and I really hope you enjoyed the chapter.

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

follow

♥bolueniola