57b

Chloe's POV
I watched him walk inside and felt my eyes water. I hurriedly rushed to my car and drove to my house. I can't believe what i just did. I was being selfish again and have ruined Nicholas chance for stable happiness. I entered my house and collapsed on the couch. I felt so hollow as Nicholas words about me being selfish and self centered. I felt my eyes water and then the dam broke. I stood up and quickly walked to my room and just collapsed on the bed. After a few minutes of just staying in that position, I stood up and just started pacing around the room. My eye hurt and my throat felt scratchy from but i just ignored it. The ceremony will probably be over by now and then the honeymoon. Fresh tears spilled down my eyes as i thought about it. I just sighed and collapsed on the floor. "I'm so sorry mum, i failed" i whispered out and started cry again.

I heard a large bang on the door and quickly stood up. I heard it again and quickly stood up, behind me thunder rumbled and soft rain started pouring as i came out of my room and hurried to the door. Without checking the peep hole i opened it and was greeted by a slightly hazard looking Nicholas. I opened my mouth but he just pushed himself into the house and locked it behind him "Nicholas?" I said in a whisper and saw his back stiffen. He slowly turned to look at me and  uttered a vile curse before glaring at me. "damn you" before i could respond he dragged me in for a kiss. I gasped and clutched his shirt tight as he assaulted my lips. I suddenly felt airlifted and saw that he had carried me bridal style and was moving towards my room. I stiffened when i felt the bed on my back with his body hovering mine. He suddenly stood up and started pacing. "I really want to forget you, it's really obvious from past events that we're not meant to be together" he stopped pacing and turned to face me "our love is toxic Chloe and people get hurt because of us, we should just stay away from each other" I felt my eye water as i nodded. What he said was true, I had lost my mother and he had lost his own fair share "I called off the wedding" he stated I looked at him shocked "if we have to be with ourselves, we will have to disappear, because of me calling off the wedding , her dad is going to send men after me and you. I love you but we'll have to disappear completely" Nicholas stated while looking at me with hopeful eyes. I stared at him shocked at what he was asking me, to disappear without a trace meant for the world to think we're dead. I stared at him and smiled "I love you so much and I want to be with you. Lets be free together" I stated and saw him smile before moving forward to kiss me during which i happily returned back.

Two weeks later
Writer's POV.
The sound loud shouting could be heard in the once atmosphere as Gabby's father demanded answers for Nicholas bold action.

In the living room Nicholas could be seen holding chloe in one corner while a sobbing Gabby was being held by her dad in the other corner. The rest of the people comprise of Nicholas father ,mother and brothers.
"I'm sorry mr Andreas but I really love chloe, I'm also sorry for hurting your daughter" Nicholas stated with absolute sincerity but that quench the burning rage in Gabby's father but rather seemed to intensify it "Sorry my foot! In case you've forgotten this is a mafia family and saying sorry is for the weak. I'll most definitely get you back " The anger that radiated off Mr Andreas would make any normal person wet his pants but these were not normal people.

"I'll come another time and then we'll talk about this again because you're definitely not calm" Nicholas having had enough of all this took chloe's hand and together they walked outside and into the car. The minute Nicholas turned the key in the ignition, the car exploded into bit sized nothing. All the people rushed towards the scene of the explosion but from the look of the fire nothing was coming out of there. Chloe and Nicholas were gone.

Gracie could be seen crying and blaming mr Andreas for the crash to whom the latter denied. Gabby was just staring silently at the fire at the cold realisation that her love was gone. "Leave my house Mr Andreas and never returned. I sure hope my son's life was enough to compensate you". Nicholas's father moved back to the house and so did his brothers leaving Gracie and the Andreas "I want you to know that i had nothing to do with this Gracie, we'll be taking our leave now". The Andreas left the scene which only left Gracie.

She looked around and wiped the tears away and smirked. By now, Nicholas and chloe will be at the airport and be off to their new life. Firefighters arrived and started putting out the fire. When the fire is put out, the cadavas she place in the car will represent chloe and Nicholas.

The fire slowly ebbed out and soon two bodies were recovered from the fire and place in a body bag.

~two days later~
The ashes of the decoys were poured in the water and Gracie silently prayed for their souls. "I hope you're happy son and until we meet again".

SIX MONTHS LATER
Chloe's POV
I sighed as i stared at the sunset in the rented beach house that we were currently occupying. I felt hands around my waist as i was dragged to the solid hard chest of my husband. We just had a court wedding, nothing to glamorous but i didn't mind because it was more than enough and okay for me. We were currently deciding on where to permanently reside. I opted on Venice or anyplace in Africa while Nicholas said Madrid.

Today we were going to play a game and whoever wins will decided on where we're living and i really wanted to win. We decided on poker and unfortunately Nicholas won because of his mafia background which made me sulk like a child and now here we are watching the sunset together. "Are you still mad?" my loveable husband asked as he moved to stare at me which made me pout and shake my head "no, you won fair and square so tell me what's our permanent destination?" I asked and he look thoughtful for a moment before smiling "we'll reside in Sun city, which is in south Africa" my eyes widened and I just tackled him and gave him a full blown kiss "I love you" I whispered and stared at him with tears shimmering in my eyes "I love you too" my heart never fails to jump when he says that to me and my heart always feel giddy because I love and is loved in return, now I can finally live happily ever after.

~The End~

_______________________________________
I was almost tempted to kill both of the characters but that would have made you guys sad so everyone lives.

This has been an amazing journey and thank you for sticking with me through this amazing journey.

Stay tuned for the mafia series coming soon