57a

Chloe's POV.
The venue was extraordinarily beautiful. The outside was decorated with wine and gold and just purely beautiful. I looked around in awe and felt my heart beat. was I really going to do this and how!.  I goggled more on it and this wasn't going  to be a  typical white wedding and it was strictly by invitation. The wedding and after party will be hosted here. I gripped my sterling wheel and looked around. The outside was heavily guarded and to get in there I'll need some kind of disguise and maybe invitation.

I drove around the place until I saw the nearest packing spot. I packed and got out. more guest were arriving and were handing out invitations to a man staying at the door and he was letting them in.

i pulled my hair from the elastic band that I had trapped it in. I looked down at my attire and cringed. i was dressed in a casual poker dot tee-shirt and black Jeans with white lacy sandals.

I took out my phone and placed it in my pockets and then locked my car. you can do this chloe, you can do thi-, my thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone tap my shoulder making me jump. I quickly looked back and was met with a blond hair woman, she was dress elegantly and was looking at me with unreadable eyes. "hi Chloe my name is Gracie... you might not know me but I know a lot about you". my thoughts were jumbled up with confusion like who this woman was and what she wanted from me.  "I can almost feel the wheels turning in your head so I'll just cut to the chase I am Nicholas mom", she stated making my eyes widen. "o-oh I'm sorry" I couldn't  think of any other thing to say as she kept scrutinising me. "why are you sorry?, anyways I would like to talk to you.... but not here so how about we head to a nearby coffee shop?", she asked me and I was about to decline but she suddenly smiled "don't be afraid my dear, I won't hurt you", she stated and I nodded and forced my self to smile.

We drove around but no cafe was in sight so we settled for a bakery. we both sat outside the place in plastic chairs under a white umbrella. The air was a little chilly as cold wind blew all around us with the clear promise of rain.

"So Chloe, seeing as we don't have much time I'll go straight to the point" she paused and ordered two cupcakes and two bottles of water as the employee came to ask for orders "what are doing here?... are you here to congratulate him or stop this wedding?", she asked me and I looked at her shocked at how she could read me so much. "judging by your silence, I'll guess it the second one",  she said and i mustered up the courage looked at her. "I love him.. I really do, I know what you must be thinking, look at this girl she has no shame, she's heartless and has caused my son a lot of pain but I can't leave without him. I don't know why I left him in the first place, I just needed to think and now it's too late" my voice cracked at the end.

"I don't know what I'm doing here with you but I know one thing my son loves you more than life. I watched how he struggled with you being gone for six months" she paused and wiped a stray there "my baby boy was broken. i made the decision to find you but he then agreed to the marriage proposal and I thought he was finally over you but then yesterday he put his hands through a wall and I knew that he was not happy with this marriage and just like faith, here you are ", she stated and then suddenly stoop up. she reached into her bag and pulled out an invitation cards and then slid it towards me.

She turned to leave but stopped and turned back to stare at me
"I don't know why I'm doing this but if there's one thing I know is that I love my son and he loves you so the choice of his future is in your hands. you can either be selfish and claim what is yours or you can just stay behind, do nothing and you will be ruining three lives " she stated and for the first time I saw a genuine smile " please make the right choice ".

She walked away and then hailed a taxi. I stood up and picked up the invitation card. The waiter came with the cupcakes but I just paid her and left in my car.