Chapter 3 - Dont Escape.

Bucky's POV

I woke up. In the same cold chair that I was used to. I sighed as I saw the scientists coming in to work on my arm. What happened yesterday? How did I end up here? Who was the blurry woman talking to me inside my head?
"Fuck. "I breathed out.
Alexander Pierce walked in the room. Then he asked for the mission report. I didnt give him one.
After several minutes of me sitting in complete and utter silence, he told them to wipe me and start fresh... again.
I sighed, as I braced myself for the intense pain I'd be having in just a matter of seconds.

Caroline's POV

I woke up in a gloomy room. I looked around, but just couldnt puzzle together were I was. Apparently I was bound to a chair, but I quickly burned the rope off my hands. Same with my feet. I got up from the chair and looked around.
Not long after, someone spoke up. It was a familiar voice. It was Steve.
"Caroline, please dont try to escape."
"Steve, what the actual fuck is this?" I asked, feeling the anger boil.
How did they dare to put me in a fucking cage, like a zoo animal?! I was not animal, I was a human being!
"We just want to talk to you. You know things we dont." He explained.
"Well you could've just turned up at my door! Not fucking strap me to a chair. By the way, ropes? REALLY? You know ropes dont help." I said, with frustration in my voice.
"I said WE, and I'm sure you dont want all of the avenger coming in a coffee at your apartment." He said.
"You could've just asked me. Sent an invitation or some shit. I dont bite, all the time." I snapped back at him.
"Alright, alright our mistake." He said before opening the door. I quickly walked out of there, still pissed.
Steve met me in the hallway. He looked me in the eyes, and saw the fire in them. I could feel the fear radiating from his body.
"I wont hurt y'all. Chill, you fuck." I told him before going into the meeting room where most of the Avengers sat.
They stared at me, somehow frightened.
"WHAT?" I yelled.

That was when I saw the fire coming out of my hands.
"Oh, sorry." I said.
They continued to stare, until Steve walked in the room.
"So guys, this is Caroline." He introduced me.
"Hi." I waved.
"Wanna sit down?" Tony asked.
"Sure." I replied before sitting down in the free chair next to Tony.
"We know you know alot about the Winter Soldier." Natasha said.
"Oh yeah? Prove it." I defended myself.
"Nono, lets not turn this into some interrogation." Steve said.
"We just wanna know if you know anything we dont." Tony said.
"The Winter Soldier isnt who you think he is." I said, shortly.
Grace was there, and she looked straight at me.
"Please, Caroline, tell us. He's our biggest threat." Tony said.
"First of all, Grace told me she was gonna 'take him down.' But please...dont. Let me do that." I said, feeling tears stinging my eyes.
"Why would YOU be the one to take him down?! He's just a fucking criminal who needs to be stopped!" Natasha said, losing her cool.
"How many fucking times have y'all tried to take him down now?! Failing. Every. Single. Time. How many times have I failed?! Only once. And that was yesterday." I ranted.
Natasha got up, letting her temper control her. Steve stopped her before she tried making her way over to me. I looked at her, and froze her legs.
"Natasha, cool down!" Tony said.
"Good pun." I said as I defrosted her making her fall to the floor.

As they all sat down again, Wanda asked me:
"Who is the Winter Soldier then?"
I looked around, realizing there was no need for me to hide it anymore. They'd keep pestering me until I told them anyways.
"Steve.. It's.. It's.. It's Bucky." I told them, looking into Steve's eyes with tears forming in my eyes.
"WHAT!?" Steve yelled out, standing up.
I took my phone out of my pocket and clicked on a photo I took of him from when I had freezed him without his mask. Steve took my phone and looked at the picture. The shock going through his body. He looked so speechless.
"How.. What. B-But.. The train? He fell... H-He FELL!" Steve yelled out in pain.
"I know.. The soviets took him and turned him into a monster.. Now hired by Hydra." I tried explaining with tears streaming down my face.
Steve had fallen to his knees on the floor. I went to him, and hugged him.

"I-I've been trying to kill my bestfriend months now..." was all he could say.

Bucky's POV

I was sitting in my cold, hard and dark cell. My mind was everywhere after today's "treatment." Nothing felt real. I wasnt myself. With my metal fingers I scraped little letters into the concrete. Anything that popped up in my mind was important to me.
I had written the letter "B" alot, because that was what that woman always said when she saw me.
Bucky.
Who the hell is Bucky?
I felt something drip onto my flesh. There were tears slipping out of my eyes.. I couldnt feel anything but pain.

Thats why I had to do my job.
There was no pain for me if I did my job.
No pain was all I wanted.