Chapter 12 - Bucky's Birthday

Caro's POV

I woke up extremely early. At about 6 am exactly. Since it was a two hour drive to the Avengers building; I figured that I wanted to be there at 8 am to prepare Bucky's birthday party.
I was extremely excited so I literally jumped up from my bed and ate a sandwich real quick before I found my long, black dress and the newly bought black suit for Bucky. But I didnt put the dress on now of course. Instead, I grabbed his white t shirt that I had with me at all times because it smelled like him, and one of my yoga pants. I put my hair up in a bun and woke up a sleeping Steve that was on my couch.
"Wake up, lazy pants. It's your best friend's birthday today." I said as I threw water in his face.

Steve had slept over last night because I needed help with the cakes, decorations and finding a suit for Bucky.
He got up after a good stretch and looked at the clock.
"6 am...really?" He asked.
"Of course!! Buckyboo always wake up early and I need to suprise him!" I said as I looked at him put his shirt on.
"Lets go! Fucking hell you take forever!" I said as I took a grey hoodie jacket on and started loading stuff into the car.
He grabbed two sandwiches and a soda from my fridge and put it in the car before helping me with the last stuff that was in my apartment.
I got in the driver's seat and I saw Steve digging in on the sandwiches.
"Taste good?" I asked as we started our two hour drive to the Avengers building.

~Roughly two hours pass~

We arrived at the Avengers building and carried the stuff inside. Steve and I went into the kitchen first. No one else but Wanda was awake as we went in there. She stood there looking half dead, drinking a cup of coffee.
"You alright?" Steve asked her.
"Other than the fact that it's 7 am and I'm up...yes." She replied as she took her coffee with her and went out. Probably going to her room to sleep more or drink more coffee.

We shrugged our shoulders in unison before we started decorating the whole building. We were assuming that Bucky would be up around 9, because he wasnt the one to sleep until noon.
Steve and I looked proudly at all the decorations around the building. Tony woke up at one point, walking past us in the hallway on his way to the kitchen.
"Tony dont eat all the cake!" Steve called out.
"I dont eat cake. I get fat." Tony replied.
I giggled as I continued with the decorating.
Not long after, we decided that it was time to start making breakfast for Bucky.

We made bacon, eggs, sandwiches with ham & cheese, baby carrots (his favourite) & made some hot chocolate with loads of cream in it.
Then we put a candle on the plate we had food on. I had put a handmade birthday card on it aswell.
"Let's go!" I said to Steve. We took with us Tony, Wanda, Natasha, Clint & Sam as they were the only ones awake.

We opened the door to his room and saw him sleeping like a little baby. He even had his thumb in his mouth! Then we started singing the birthday song, and he woke up.
He was obviously suprised and was very flattered as he sat up in bed looking at all the people coming to celebrate him.
"Happy birthday, babe." I said as I climbed on the bed and kissed his cheek.
"Thank you, darling. For everything.." He said as he smiled and looked at his friends. They all gave him a small gift.
"You'll get more later." Natasha assured him as she gave him the little white box.

As Bucky opened the box, he looked at it with wide eyes.

There was a dog tag that said: "Till the end."
He looked at us confused until he noticed that Steve and I had the rest of the sentenced hanging around our necks.
I had: "Of the line."
And Steve had: "I'm with you."
"Oh my lord.. Thank you guys so much." He said as he looked at the dog tags in disbelief.
Not long after he noticed that there was one more dog tag in there. This time he was truly shocked as he saw that it was his old dog tag that he wore during the war.

 This time he was truly shocked as he saw that it was his old dog tag that he wore during the war

He picked it up and I could see tears stinging in his eyes.
"Thank you guys so much." Bucky smiled as he looked around the room at his friends.
"We love ya, bud." Steve said as he patted his shoulder.
"Now, lets give him some time to eat." Wanda said as they started exiting the room.
I started to get up but I felt Bucky's cold metal arm wrap around mine.

"Stay." He pleaded.
I laid back down in the bed and kissed his cheek again before laying on his shoulder with my head.
"Thank you for all of this." Bucky said.
"You deserve it." I said as I ran my hand down the length of his metal arm.
He cut a piece of his sandwich off and gave it to me.
"You make delicious sandwiches." He said as he continued to eat happily.

After half an hour of eating and talking we decided to get up. Bucky got dressed and we walked out. He was shocked when he saw all the decorations.
"How can you be 100 years old and still look so fucking good." I asked him as I smacked his ass.
He picked me up and put me over his shoulder.
"Naughty girl." He said as he held me there all the way until we reached the living room. He put me down carefully there.
"Happy birthday, my man." Thor said as he walked up to him and taking him in for a bro hug.
"Happy birthday!" Vision said as he flew over to him.
"Thank you!" Bucky replied, smiling like there was no tomorrow.

Throughout the day, we all just spent time together and Bucky decided that we were going to teach him how to play Call Of Duty so most of the day was used to doing that.
But what Bucky didnt know, was that we were having a real party later.

I couldnt wait to show him what I had come up with as his birthday present.