59- Vermont

The Story So Far:

Niall has a crush on Cheyenne. Zayn and Liam are dating and growing strong. Louis has come out of the closet. Harry's body is attacking his thyroid. Harry and Louis slept together for the first time on Christmas Eve after giving gifts and food to the homeless. Harry and Louis are heading to Harry's mom's house for Christmas Day.

Spanish Version Available: Pride | l.s. [Traducción al español] by InLarryLove

"She's not gonna like me, Haz," I complain nervously as we drive to the airport. Liam and Zayn are in the front seat so that they can drive the car back for us. Zayn glances back at Harry and me in the backseat. He's known be long enough to have experienced enough of these episodes.

"It's hard not to love you, Lou," Harry replies. He brings my hand up that he's holding and gives it a soft kiss. "I've already told her so much about you. She's been dying to meet you."

"That's the problem! She's going to expect something that's a lot better than me," I try to vouch, but Harry won't listen to my insecurity about meeting his family. Lucky for him, he may never have to deal with that.

"Lou," Zayn says from the front seat, "Harry is right. She already knows how much you have done for her son. That's enough to make her love you."

"And Gemma is a sweetheart too," Harry adds on with a bright smile on his face. "She'll help out if the conversation ever goes dry. My mom just hands out cookies and hugs. You'll be fine, love."

I let out a sigh and lean against the door beside me. "Okay, okay. I do hope she likes me."

"Don't worry," Liam calls from the front seat. "Be happy. It's Vermont! Vermont should be beautiful this time of the year, with all that snow."

Liam and Zayn wish us a final Merry Christmas before we head inside the airport to travel up to Vermont. The flight is nice with only being about three hours. We arrived at the airport at 5 in the morning, and neither Harry or I am up for talking for that long at this hour. I rest my head against Harry's shoulder while he watches a movie that the plane provides. Harry takes my hand and holds it the whole plane ride. He gently strokes my hand with his thumb, and I can't help but blush as I remember last night. His body on top of mine like that is a sight I will never be able to get enough of. Memories resurface from last night as I slip off into a deep sleep.

I wake up when I hear the pilot speaking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are about the begin our final descent into Plattsburgh. Currently, the weather is 7 degrees with a light breeze at 4 mph." The pilot continues to drone on, but something caught my attention.

"Did the pilot mean 70 degrees, Harold?" I ask sleepily as I lift myself off from my boyfriend's shoulder.

Harry laughs at me and shakes his head. "7, love. That's why we got you a winter coat and some gloves."

I look at Harry with wide eyes. "I'm not going out onto that tundra."

"Yes, you will."

"Why do you say that?"

"I know that you've never traveled, so I know that you've never seen snow. You're going to want to see it."

Harry is right about that. The second we open the doors to head to our taxi, I'm dumbfounded staring at the white fluff on the ground. Some of it looks dirty and melted from the cars that drive by. It's not very pretty. What I know for sure is that it's freezing cold.

"Are we in Antarctica!?" I scream at Harry once we climb in the taxi.

"Shhh, love," Harry calms me down with a smile. He reaches across the seat between us and takes my cold hands. I seem to have misplaced the gloves that Harry and I bought. Harry brings my hands up to his mouth and gently blows on them with his warm breath while using friction to help me gain feeling back. I blush from his action. The taxi driver pays us no attention.

Since Plattsburgh is in New York, we take the 2-hour taxi ride to Rutland, Vermont. We didn't want to bother Harry's mom on Christmas morning. We thought taxi was best. The yucky snow on the highway lasts us most of the car ride, and I don't really care for it. The snow starts to get prettier as we near Rutland, but I don't have much time to observe it before we're pulling up in front of a nice townhouse with two kind looking women standing in front.

Harry and I quickly pay for the taxi and climb out from the backseat. We have enough time to grab our suitcases out from the trunk before I find myself being hugged by Anne, Harry's mother.

"Anne!" I explain as I hug her back. "So good to finally meet you."

Anne finally releases me and looks up at me since I'm slightly taller than her. "Harry kept telling me how short and cute you are, and he was very right. Welcome to the Styles family!"

"Thank you so much. It's such a lovely home," I reply with a blush at her acceptance to me being here and dating her son.

"Mom! I'm home too!" Harry yells at his mother, but we all can hear the playful tone of bicker between a son and a mother.

"Oh yes, Harry. Would you please carry Louis's bags into the house while I give him a grand tour?" Anne says with no smile on her face before she realizes she can't keep the act up any longer. She pulls her son into her motherly embrace and holds him tight. "Of course I missed you, dear. I always miss you."

"I think Mom is just getting sick of me," Gemma comments as she approaches us and gives us both quick hugs. I've met her here and there since she lives near us, but she flew up a couple days ago to be with her mom for the holidays.

"Oh, I'm just so happy that all three of my children are home," Anne comments before she turns to the house with one of our bags in her hands. Harry, Gemma, and I grab the rest.

"Mom, you only have two children," Gemma tries to explain to her mother with a laugh.

"Louis is my child now too. Come, my children," Anne calls over her shoulder. "Time for cookies and hot chocolate!"

Harry wraps an arm around my shoulder as we walk through the snow to his childhood home. "Welcome home, Louis."

A/N

I moved the family up to Vermont because I wanted Louis to experience snow, and I love including Harry's loving family. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I'll keep trying to update, but with finals and AP test coming up, who knows?

xoxo raindropkiss1