74- Permission

The Story So Far:

Louis settled problems with his family. Harry and Louis fought and made up. Louis decided that he wants to marry Harry (not just because it rhymes), and Zayn helped Louis pick out a ring. Louis is thinking he might propose when Harry and he go to Disney in May.

Dedicated to pastelxpsychos

You are not broken.

I wait until April to make the phone call. The trip is in May to Disney, and I'm having a difficult time keeping this to myself. I decided to just do it all in one day so that I don't freak out too much. My first stop is Niall, who I easily find in his restaurant. I text him to unlock the door, and it only takes a couple seconds before the blond lad opens up the door.

"Hey, Lou," Niall smiles. "Cheyenne and I are in the kitchen trying some new dishes. Do you want some lunch?"

"I would love that," I reply with a tight smile. I'm trying my best to not show my anxiety, and Niall doesn't even notice how bad my hand is shaking.

"Where's Harry at?" Niall asks as we walk through the dimly lit restaurant. Niall isn't open in the afternoons on the weekend which leaves the large restaurant empty. My paintings still sit on the walls. Zayn and I have actually had an increase in business because so many people ask Niall about the art he has. I already got another large order for another restaurant in town that is being refurbished.

"He had a wedding to be at today," I tell Niall. The word wedding gets caught in my throat. I've been zoning out recently just to imagine what ours might be like. Maybe it could be on the beach or maybe in a chapel. I don't know, but the idea leaves butterflies in my stomach.

We walk into the kitchen, and it's actually the first time I've ever been back there I think. Every appliance is stainless steel. The floor has clean white tiles that expand out over the large kitchen. I can't help but be impressed again by how Niall puts all of this together.

"Hey, Louis!" Cheyenne says in excitement when she sees me. She sets the large knife down that she was holding and walks over for a quick hug. She is wearing her chef's uniform and looks very professional compared to Niall in his old t-shirt.

We all make our way over to one of the tables with three stools pulled up to it. Cheyenne offers me a new dish to try while she pushes a different dish towards Niall. She continues to chop carrots to add to a soup she is making for the evening rush as Niall and I test new dishes that might get added to the menu. My knee continues to bounce up and down even as we all casually talk.

"I'm just saying that I think we should switch to some carnations for the centerpieces," Cheyenne suggests. She sees to throw some random spices in the soup, but I know that she knows exactly what she wants.

"The roses are-"

"We are past Valentine's Day, baby," Cheyenne replies with a giggle. I notice the endearing name she uses for Niall, and it makes me feel a warm fuzzy. It reminds me of the first time Harry called me Boo Bear.

"Fine..." Niall gives in to his girlfriend (who was going to win the argument the second it started). Niall abruptly turns to look at me with a curious look in his eye. "You're awfully quiet even though you're the one who wanted to randomly show up as if you had something to say."