81- Announcements

The Story So Far:

Zayn confided in Louis that he and Liam are fighting. Louis proposed to Harry in Disney World during the fireworks in front of Cinderella's Castle.

Harry seems to have a feeling of nostalgia as we drive back home. He hums to the music on the radio instead of singing like he normally would. Although it was sad to be leaving out vacation, Harry keeps glancing at his left hand and smiling at the ring. The sterling silver band is simplistic on the outside. Harry's rings were never too complicated, and Zayn and I both agreed on the simplicity of it. It's what is engraved the inside of the ring that means the most to Harry and me. 

Harry glances over at me with a genuine smile on his face. "This is real."

I'm slightly confused especially considering the fact that he's been silent in the ride so far. "What?"

"We're in this for real. This ring, like this is it." Harry stares out down the road with a smile like a kid in a candy store. "We're going to promise forever to each other."

There's a happiness in the car between the two of us. It's been a high since the proposal. That very night was filled with kissing, clothes on the floor, and a bath afterwards. A sense of unconditional love is the only way to describe what both of us are feeling and acting on. 

"Harry, I want a family with you," I blurt out. We never really had that big discussion, but it always felt like a mutual thing since we met little Olivia at that wedding. 

Harry takes his right hand off of the steering wheel and reaches over to hold my hand. I see the scars on his arm from that terrifying night. I only remember how far we've come together. 

"Would you ever want a dog?" Harry asks with excitement. 

"We could name him Sherlock since Liam and Zayn have Watson," I reply with a laugh. The lightness of this conversation fills me with hope for a future with him. "I would want a big dog that just snuggles and has like big floppy ears."

Harry squeezes my hand before he takes his hand away from mine. He always tries to use two hands when he turns because he knows that it makes me nervous. We turn onto the street we live on. Our current home only has two bedrooms. I wonder if our home will ever grow to hold more people. 

Harry pulls into a parking spot before he turns to look at me. "I want to adopt."

"I know."

"What? How do you know?"

I feel suddenly shy and slightly ashamed. "I saw your journal. You had that poem about Olivia. I knew from that moment that you wanted to be a dad."

Harry takes my hands and looks at me straight in the eye. "Once we're married and everything... Can we try to find her if she's not adopted?"

Olivia's eyes were the same green as Harry's. She danced like an absolute goofball and was only filled with love and hope. 

"We'll do our best to find her."

Harry leans forward and kisses me lovingly on my forehead. We sit for a moment in silence with our bodies as close as they can be from being in two separate seats. The thoughts of a future and a child fill my mind, and I'm not scared of that.