79- History

The Story So Far

Harry and Louis are in Disney World. Louis has the ring in his bag and is getting ready to propose. Liam is a firefighter and is dating Zayn. They live together with their Great Dane.

Painting of the pride kiss is by Wattpad: SilentSaunter and Instagram: @jagmacart

Harry continues to notice that something was off. He notices that when I wake up on Friday, I don't seem normal. I take an extra long shower in the morning to try to calm myself down. Harry requested to shower together, but I simply told him that I needed time alone. I know that I will be fine once I do it, but I'm scared.

I am scared to propose to Harry Styles.

He could say no. I understand that that could be a problem, but I'm not as worried about that part. Harry speaks of getting married quite often, such as that night we both went to a wedding he was shooting. We met a little girl named Olivia that night, and I will never forget the way that Harry looked at her. Harry deserves a family, and I want to be the one to be beside him every step of the way.

I'm scared that I won't do it right. Harry deserves a perfect proposal. He is such a romantic. I want him to feel like he is in one of the rom-coms that he loves so much. I want there to be fireworks and love and everything.

Most of all, I want him to say yes. I want him to want to love me forever because that's what I want.

We decide to do Tomorrowland during the day and head more towards the more central area of the Magic Kingdom at night, which is where I hope to do it. Harry drags me around from ride to characters and back to more rides. It distracts me from the box in my pocket.

"I was hoping you would really like that one," Harry comments as we leave Stitch's Great Escape, a great story ride that takes place before Stitch comes down to Earth to meet Lilo. "You always loved watching those movies."

"Because he's the best!" I comment as I gesture to the blue stuffed animal I'm holding that I got in a nearby gift shop. "I love Stitch, okay?"

"I know, love. That's why I showed you that ride." Harry takes my hand and presses a kiss to my hand before we continue walking in Tomorrowland. He lets out a yawn.

"Are you tired?" I ask as I glance over at him.

"A bit," Harry admits shyly with a smirk. "It was a long night with you last night."

"You say it like we messed around all night when in reality we watched all of the Back To The Future movies," I tell him with a laugh. He smiles in return and bumps my shoulder with his jokingly.

"I just love spending so much time with you," Harry comments.

"Well, how about we head back to the room for a nap? We can get ready for dinner after we're well-rested," I suggest with a bit of a shaky voice. I know what comes after dinner. Harry has no idea about it though as I follow him back to the room. He is asleep the second his head hits the pillow. I can't sleep, so I head out onto the balcony to make a call to one of the only person who calms me down.

ZAYN'S POV

"Hey, Z."

"Oh, so now you call me. You've been gone all week, and you decide to randomly call me today because I know what you're doing later today," I reply immediately with quite a bit of sarcasm.

"Give me a break, mate. I'm in Disney for goodness sakes!" Louis defends himself, which leaves me laughing. I take a seat on the couch in the living room. The house is fairly quiet with Watson asleep and Liam being gone. The news is playing softly in the background from the TV. 

"Yeah, I know. Just pushing your buttons. How is today going?"

Lou lets out a sigh. "Harry is taking a nap. I can't sleep."

"That's understandable, Louis. It's a big day today," I respond supportively.

"Can you just talk to me? Tell me what's new back at home." I can hear how anxious he is. "I need something to distract me. I'm on the verge of searching Disney to bum a cigarette off of someone, which is extremely unlikely."

"Okay, let's see what's new." I go quiet for a second just to think. I almost don't want to tell him, but I do because he's my best friend. "Liam and I got in a fight."

"About what?" he asks in confusion. He is aware that it's pretty unusual for Liam and me to fight. Every healthy relationship even fights now and then, but that doesn't make it any less painful for either of us.

"I don't even know..."

He can probably hear my hesitation. "Yes, you do know."

"You've got to help me. I'm losing my mind."

"Spill the beans, Z."

"He caught me smoking the other day," I begin to finally tell him. "I stopped for awhile. I really did. He doesn't believe that I'm trying hard enough, and I yelled at him. I told him that he almost acts like I should be quitting for him as if my addiction is something to be belittled down to that. I understand quitting for him, but he acts like that's the only reason."

I stop talking and let out a sigh. I'm so tired; I didn't notice that before, but my explanation of the fight shows why.

"Where are you sleeping?" he asks me a smaller question that might make me feel less overwhelmed.

"I've been sleeping on the couch since you left." That's been almost five days. "It was after you two left, and we both promised to not bother you or Harry with it."

Liam and I put Harry and Louis's happiness above our need to have support. A part of me wishes that I told my best friend when it happened, but I couldn't. I didn't want to ruin the most important vacation Louis will probably every take (other than their honeymoon). 

"Are you two talking?"

I pause. "Kind of? We say the bare minimum about what's for dinner and such. He doesn't even tell me anymore what time he will probably be home. I stayed up all night last night because I couldn't text him to see if he's okay. His life is in danger every day, yet I can't even check up on my own... boyfriend. I think he's still that. Now my heart is breaking, and I don't know what to do."

I'm always worried about Liam's job, especially after I saw the effects of fire from the Eleanor incident. Being a firefighter is dangerous. Men die on the job, and I've seen the damage first hand. Having this fight makes my hands tied as I have to wait for my love to come home safely. 

"You need to talk with him, Zayn," Louis pushes forward.

"What do I even say?" I sound exasperated with everything going on.

"Tell him what you told me," Louis explains. "Start off with explaining your side while you remind him that you understand his side."

"And then?"

"Tell him that you will try to quit again, but be honest about it," Lou continues. "With all of it, make sure you tell him that you love him. He is worried about you out of love. Remember that. You two have a lot of history. This is not the end."

"Because the truth is I realize that without him here, life is just a lie," I mumble with a sad nostalgic feel as I reminisce.

"Call me back when you fixed it with him. He will listen to you if you both make an effort for it."

"Thank you, Louis."

"Hey, Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you be my best man?"

There isn't a moment of silence before I reply, "Of course. I would be honored. I'll talk to you once you're engaged, okay? Hang in there, buddy."

"Thanks, Z. Love you."

"Love you too."

A/N

How does a proposal next chapter sound? Once again, my Instagram is @loving.recovering if you want to talk or whatever. Love you guys. By the way, I kissed the cute girl in art class...

xoxo raindropkiss1