80- Engagement

The Story So Far:
Harry and Louis are in Disney World, and Louis gets ready to propose.

Song for the chapter: "All I Want Is You" by U2

"I love you, Harry."

Harry looks away from the fireworks. He looks slightly confused, but he doesn't pause as he replies, "I love you too."

"No, like I love you. I love you so much, Harry, and I want to live the rest of my life showing that to you," I tell him. I hope he doesn't notice my hand shaking as I place my hand in his. Harry still looks confused as I push forward. "I want to wake up next to you every day. I want a family breakfast before we drive the kids to school. I want a house with you. I want a loud house full of kids."

"Louis..." Harry's eyes are wide. He's catching up to what I'm trying to say. The fireworks are just something in the background as they shoot out over Cinderella's castle. Neither of us notices anything else but each other.

I pull my hand away from his. I pull the box out of my pocket with a shaky hand. I look up at Harry to see that his hands are over his mouth in a moment of understanding of what is about to happen. I see that his eyes are slightly glazed with tears, and I know that this is it. This is the time. This is the moment.

This is the moment I'm going to propose to Harry Styles in front of Cinderella's Castle as fireworks go off overhead. This is the moment where I do it.

I kneel down and wonder how we got here. How did he go from a stranger I was painting to my entire world?

"I'd rather stay right here, pretty boy," Harry replies with another large smile on his face.

"Now you're the one hitting on me."

"Oh, I know. The only difference between you and me is that I'm not afraid to show it."

My mind flashes to the kiss that made sense. The kiss in front of the protestors with the boy covered in colors was the moment where I knew that I was screwed.

I was going to fall in love.

Harry takes my hand in his and leads me away from the protesters before I gain enough courage to kiss him again.

Eleanor left us both in a state of confusion over our relationship, but I always chose Harry over her. I'll always choose him.

He sings praises of your cooking. Of course, if the way you cook is as bad as the way you dress, we may have a problem," Eleanor says with a laugh. No one else joins in. They all either glare at me or her. I don't need to see their faces to convince me to do the right thing.

"Actually, I met Harry when I was painting him, and I can say with full confidence that he dresses better than anyone I've ever met," I tell her. "It's fun, and it's a lot better than what you're wearing."

The fire brought us together. It made us both realize that this was it. We were going to go somewhere together. Attachment grows when a horrific event happens, and I wasn't going to let Harry go after it.

Harry sniffs and lets out a sad laugh. "You scared me. I got a call from Zayn. He's the one who found you. You passed out from smoke inhalation, and you look so small in this big bed. I was so scared. I read that some people fall into comas after smoke inhalation. I don't know what I would've done if you never woke up."

Halloween was a night of hesitancy at first, but it ended with both of us knowing what was needed. I was going to stay with him. I was going to be with him.

The two of us take up most of the bed. The Fray is playing in the background from the small radio in the corner. My head is laying on Harry's chest. He runs his hands through my hair. Two cowboy boots and two cowboy hats are lying on the floor next to each other.

I fell in love. There was no denying the fact that I fell in love with the boy who had thyroid problems and took pictures of everything.

It was inevitable. We were inevitable.

"No, no, no. I know that like we like each other, but Harry Edward Styles, I am head over heels for you. You are in my every thought and action. I can't breath without you."

Harry's green eyes meet my blue ones with a soft gaze. I swear I can see tears forming in his eyes.

"You didn't let me finish," Harry replies with a slight laugh before he continues. "I know you love me because it's in every time you touch me, kiss me, or hold me. I don't remember ever not loving you. You are better than words and more than a feeling. I have loved you for a long time now; I'm just happy that we can say it to each other now. I don't care what people say when we're together. You know I wanna be the one to hold you when you sleep. I just want it to be you and I forever. I love you, Lou."

Harry is the reason I talked to my mom finally. Harry is the reason I confronted my past and overcame it.

With the bright colors of the club around me in the dark club, I can almost feel like I'm back at the pride parade; it was the parade that helped me get with a certain boy that changed my life. I think about that night still and wonder where I would be right now if I didn't go out that night. Maybe I would still be dating Eleanor. Maybe I would be dating some other girl as I try to fix myself.

But I don't need to fix myself because I am not broken.

Most of all, he's the one. Harry is the one for me. I don't ever want to love anyone else. His green eyes are what I want to see every day. I want to kiss him every day.

Is it crazy if you help me pick out a ring next week?" I ask Zayn. "Harry and I are planning a trip to Disney in May. You know how much he loves those movies; I figured it would be the perfect place for it."

And here I am. I kneel in front of Harry, completely vulnerable.

The crowd around us has noticed what is going on. I see lots of women with excited looks on their faces and men with a look of respect for the courage it takes to be this vulnerable.

"Take my hand," I start as I open up the box to reveal a silver band that will be a promise forever. "Take my whole life too. I can't help but have fallen in love with you. Harry Edward Styles, will you marry me?"

Everyone is looking at Harry, including me. The butterflies in my stomach leave me on edge as I wait for his answer. Harry's eyes are wide with surprise and emotion. I feel tears coming as I feel what this is.

This is me promising him forever.

"Yes. Yes, of course, I will marry you," Harry finally states to me with full confidence. A round of applause ensues from the crowd as he holds out his left hand to me. It's shaking and so is mine as I place the ring on his finger.

"I want forever with you, Harry."

"I can do forever," Harry replied with a laugh as he wipes a tear from his cheek. "All I ever wanted was forever with you."

"All I ever wanted was you."

A/N

And there is the engagement with some flashbacks to them falling in love. 

xoxo Claire