Chapter 1

THUD! Blood splattered against the windshield. My jaw dropped open. I just hit someone with my car. I grasped at the door handle, and eased the door open. My heart beated a hundred beats per minute. I felt the crappy school lunch make a reapearence in my mouth. I stepped out of the car with my eyes closed. I chewed on my lip and slowly opened my eyes.

The mangled body of Pete Tickle laid in the middle of the road.

"Damn," I said. I became less queasy and looked down at Pete's body.

Pete Tickle was in my grade. He was a bit of a bully, and I hate to admit it, but he deserved it.

I ran a hand through my hair. I didn't want to deal with this. Not now. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time. It was 6:45 AM. I needed to be at school by 7:20. I debated about calling the police. But it would take a good long time for them to get here. And I couldn't just leave.

I decided to take care of the body myself. I climbed back into my car and opened the glove box. I pulled out my winter gloves (so the body couldn't be traced back), and a large trash bag.

After putting on my gloves, I took the trash bag to Pete's body. I opened the trashbag, then rammed his body in. I did not give him any mercy. I dragged the body to my car, and popped open the trunk. I then threw in the body. I made my way back around to the driver's door, and climbed in.

The best location to hide a dead body was obviously Lorimar Creek, which ran just behind the last row of houses. I approached the dock and realized that there was no getting Pete's body into the water that way. The dock was chocked full of men working and working. I had to find another way to get the body into the creek. A light bulb went off in my head. I could trespass into someone's yard that backed up to the creek and throw the body in that way! The only problem was figuring out who wouldn't be home. The Martin's house, which I drove by first, was a large brick building. Mr. Martin ran the factory, so he wouldn't be home. His wife, Jeanine, was always home. I mentally crossed the Martin's home off of my list. The next house was as large as the Martin's, it was your average dutch colonial styled home. There lived the Harbor-Hall's. Both Michelle and Janice were teachers. Their house should be empty. I parked in front of their house. Janice and Michelle had a daughter a few grades below me, therefore she would not be home either.

I got out and surveyed the area. No one was to be seen.

I went to my trunk and pulled out the body. I was as sneaky as a spy. I lifted the body over my shoulder with a grunt. I tiptoed, with Pete's body, through the Harbor-Hall's yard.

Once I made it to the back, I looked at the time again. It was 6:55! I forgot about being sneaky and ran down to the water's edge. I did not look back.

I threw the body into the river without hesitation. Then I ran up the hill. I made it to my car and leaped in. I ripped off my gloves then started the engine. I released the emergency break and drove to school.