Chapter 18

I shoved opened Risa's door and glided inside. Her room was about the same size as mine, only it was littered clutter. One would never suspect that she lived at school. Risa was a pack rat.

The pack rat lied on her bed, flipping through a magazine. She looked up when I entered. "Did you have people over?" She asked with a scrunched up brow.

I was not in the mood for beating around the bush.

"I got a new job," I stated. Risa perked up. She kicked her magazine onto the floor and patted at the bed.

"What kind of job?" She asked as I sat down beside her.

"I'm supposed to take care of Jennifer Polken," I stated. Risa ran a hand through her hair.

"When?" She asked.

"Tomorrow," I stated. Risa's eyes grew to be as large as watermelons. She leapt up off the bed and started pacing the floor.

"Who's doing this?" She asked, she clenched her fists.

"Anna," I stated. I looked out to the window, half expecting her being there. Staring at me through her thick framed glasses.

"Sarah's friend?" Risa asked. I nodded. There was a pause in the conversation. "Are you accepting the job?" She asked. I nodded.

"If I didn't accept it we'd both be in jail," I told her with a soft sigh.

"Well, I guess we better kill Jennifer," Risa stated. She went to her dresser and pulled open the top drawer, her underwear drawer. I scrunched up my face, not knowing what to expect. She drew the knife out of the drawer. She pulled the gun out as well. "Which are you using this time?" She asked.

"Knife," I stated. While Risa was annoying, I love how accepting of these things she was.

She tossed me the knife. I caught it. Why she threw a knife beats me.

"Tonight?" She asked.

"Sure," I said.

"Do you know where she lives?" Asked Risa.

"Yep, she lives on Upper Road," I stated, then added, "26, Upper road."

"Will she be home?" Asked Risa. I shrugged my shoulders. "Well I guess it's tonight or you're dead, so tonight it is," Risa stated. She then let out a thin chuckle, "Mom's gonna find it really odd that we're spending so much time together." I nodded. Then left the room, I'd be spending plenty of time with her tonight, no need to hangout with her now.

A/N: Thanks for reading!